Dark theme users -- please assist!

By on June 29, 2014 3:26:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

jakobkraft1

Join Date 06/2014

I know dark themes tend to cause problems in terms of across-the-board readability, but thanks to SkinStudio I modified my favorite dark theme, Flash on Black, to the point where everything is readable, not to mention bloody gorgeous. Well, almost everything.

The final trouble -- composing email.

On my gmail compose page, the recipient bar is readable but the subject bar is pure black. I have a silver-grey text for my button faces AND application backgrounds AND my explorer background. So I can't for the life of me figure out why gmail's subject bar is totally black with unseeable text. It's like this in both IE 11 and Firefox.

Interestingly, if I go to 'Change system colors' in WB settings and go to: 'System Colour: Window' then change that to white, THEN the subject bar is also white and the black text underneath is visible.

Strange that the compose bar of Gmail shares the same setting as the 'System Colour: Window' setting. But when I changed the 'System Colour: Window' Text to white when I first discovered this problem, there was no change at all.

Anyway, any dark theme users have any suggestions that might help me? I would deeply appreciate it -- thanks in advance!!

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 29, 2014 8:43:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It is that color because Gmail makes it that color on the site, over which you have no control. 

June 29, 2014 10:54:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Firstly thank you for choosing one of my skin, I tried to find a solution to this problem without success, I'm afraid you will have to live with! (sorry)

June 29, 2014 1:33:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank YOU for that gorgeous theme -- and as long as there is nothing I can do about it, I will live with it. Thanks for your reply!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 29, 2014 1:34:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well, that explains it then. Thank you for the info!

August 3, 2014 11:55:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Are you using Gmail through it's web interface at gmail.com?

If so, the compose box, nor anything else. is able to be edited.  The one exception to this might be IE, however I don't use IE due to it's vulnerabilities and use Chrome Dev and Chrome Canary, which are far superior in every way for both customization and performance.

If you are using IE, download Chrome, go to gmail-compose, and see if this is replicated (it shouldn't be).  If it's not, the problem lies within your background and text settings for IE within Skin Studio.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001000   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.