skype icon in object dock doesn't notify

By on June 23, 2014 5:48:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

timoteoalpha1

Join Date 06/2014

I have seen a lot of messages about dynamic icons that don't update in the object dock, but I haven't seen an answer yet. I use Skpe at work all the time and I added it to my object dock but when I get a message from a team member or my boss, the Skype icon in the object dock doesn't flash or give any indication that I have a new message. The Skype icon in the Windows taskbar will flash off and on, off and on, ... to let me know I have a new message. I've found object dock very useful, but without a notification feature in my Skype icon I miss important messages.

I haven't seen any response from the Stardock team in my searches for this and similar issues so far. From what I've read here, this appears to be a general problem for any application from which notification is expected in the object dock). Maybe they responded to a previous message about this general issue? Maybe this issue isn't on their radar at all?

Can anyone comment? If not, I will have to decline purchasing object dock (I'm using the trial version currently).

1 Reply
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 23, 2014 9:04:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

One user has seeking the solution as well :http://forums.wincustomize.com/455005/page/1/#3472390

If that method doesn't work,you will need a docklet that specifically written for Skype I afraid. 

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.