Using Fences with 3 displays

By on June 21, 2014 4:23:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

clawfingerru

Join Date 03/2014

Good day! I'm having trouble with using multi-monitor configuration - my main display is the second (which stands between 1 and 3) and it is really choosed in windows resolution manager as a main, but trouble is that the Fences put every new icon on the first display - it is very annoying because I'm not using all displays always and want to keep ALL icons only on the main screen. Maybe I didn't find the needed option. If you have a solution, please help, thanks.

P.S. I don't think that I can change the numbering of screens by connecting them in different order simply because they are connected different video cards and the main monitor connected to external videocard which is not support UEFI, so I can use it only after booting Windows (8).

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 21, 2014 9:41:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You should probably email support@stardock.com and wait for a reply before sending any further emails as it would move you to the bottom of the queue.

June 23, 2014 8:52:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Does this change any if you right click on the desktop and then go to 'View' and then toggle 'Auto arrange icons'?

June 24, 2014 2:57:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

No, it's not helping... New icons appearing on desktop not in fences, just as regular icons and appearing only on first display, so if i have the first display turned off, I have to turn it on and drag the icon, or to go to windows resolution manager and disable that monitor just to have my new icons to appear on main (second) display...

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 24, 2014 8:51:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Your ticket has been replied to. Please respond to it going forward.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.