Version 2.13?

By on June 15, 2014 2:04:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums External Link

rschum

Join Date 01/2013

CNET sent me one of their Download Alerts informing readers that a new version (2.14) of Fences has been released with a link to their site, which lists several improvements.  However, there is no mention of a new version on the Stardock site and the download being offered is still 2.12.  If this is true, please update your site.  If not, you'd better deal with CNET who is then distributing likely malware.  Please advise.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 15, 2014 5:08:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That's a legitimate site which has mainly been distributed Stardock products a long time. Don't act like a brat looking for attentions. Site will be updated as relevant staffs are back.    

June 15, 2014 5:33:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The download on the SD store is also timestamped 12th June so it all looks legit.  I don't know if this was just some installer tweaks or if there is an actual new update though.

But you can certainly try the installer from the my products bit of the SD store if you wish.

June 15, 2014 3:16:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It's fine. There was a packaging update and the versioning was set poorly. I'll get it corrected Monday. 2.12 is current atm.

There will be a 2.14 before the end of the month with some updates to trial/activation bits, but no Fences changes.

Kris

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 19, 2014 12:07:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I like being able to AutoOrganize in Fences Pro but miss the Portal feature in 'regular' Fences...any chance of that getting into Pro, or am I missing something?

June 19, 2014 12:08:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sorry, posted in wrong location. Disregard.

June 20, 2014 8:35:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Still no solution for desktop load delay bug. Successfully uninstalled this software. Very sad. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.