Dropbox folder

black background

By on June 6, 2014 6:38:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

tindog13

Join Date 11/2012

My fences are generally working just fine, but I have a fence for my Dropbox folder and it's treated differently. It responds correctly to transparency mouseover, but the background is black...which I don't mind, but even though the icons appear normal, I cannot read the icon labels at all. I assume this has something to do with the black background, and I have not found the way to change the background. Any thoughts?

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 6, 2014 7:04:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I assume you mean a portal to the dropbox folder. I have one, works just like any other fence on my Win 7 64 bit rig.

June 6, 2014 7:16:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

June 6, 2014 7:29:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yo Jim. Your scribbles are getting better but don't those lines that really want to be arrows when they grow up need pointy things on 'em? How's a guy to know which end is which.

nOOb!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 7, 2014 3:08:19 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm glad yours is working, I guess. I've checked those adjustment options of course, but I don't want to change "all fences" because all my other fences work fine and I don't want to change that, it's just the dropbox that is messed up.

June 7, 2014 3:43:17 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Okay, I heard back from support ticket, the action that solved the issue was to run the Windows Aero Transparency troubleshooter, which you reach by typing "aero" into the Start search field and choosing, "Find and fix problems with transparency and other visual effects" and running that troubleshooting in advanced mode. Everything is working correctly now. Thanks.

June 7, 2014 9:34:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm glad you got it fixed, but, for future reference, the drop down menu in the above screenshot, the one that says All Fences, will also allow you to adjust individual fences as well.

June 7, 2014 11:29:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I understand that, but that's not what was being shown in the screenshot. And ultimately would not have worked. As I said, I'd checked all those options. Stardock reported to me that it is apparently a bug portals experience in Windows versions that use Aero.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.