Um, ok....now what

help!

By on June 6, 2014 3:17:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ravenleigh

Join Date 07/2002

I recently downloaded and installed object dock. (and even subscribed to the wincustomize site) however, I'm having quite a bit of trouble running this program, plus I get nothing when I click on settings from the bar. (nothing comes up for me) no help, no config window, nothing.... I have the bar, I get various options when I right click, ie: add view position (ect..) but settings is non functioning. 

I am using windows 7 home addition. 

I feel rather cheated at this point as I've paid for this awsome program and yet it doesn't seem to work for me, yet I see all the wondrful art and other people enjoying the program. Please help!

Heidi

14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 6, 2014 3:30:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You should probably email support@stardock.com on this Heidi and wait for a reply.

June 6, 2014 3:54:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

thank you for the reply, and unfortunately I did (the day I submitted my payment and found the program I was looking forward to playing with didn't work) and as of yet I've not heard a reply. 

I'll try again. It's not evven really about the money (tho I hate just throwing money away, I'd chock it up to lesson learned) it's just that all these skins and whatnot look so awsome, I wanted to experience them myself on my own computer :/ sigh...

again thanks for the reply

June 6, 2014 4:07:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you've already submitted a ticket, don't submit a new one.  Just post the ticket number you received here.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 6, 2014 4:09:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think I messed up the first time I emailed for help, because I didn't get a ticket ID before.... I'm hopeful now

June 7, 2014 12:28:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

One other possibility?

The email on your account isn't the one you're currently using to receive your email OR if the email addresses are the same, you haven't looked in your 'spam' folder.

June 7, 2014 12:33:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,

One other possibility?

The email on your account isn't the one you're currently using to receive your email OR if the email addresses are the same, you haven't looked in your 'spam' folder.

That's two possibilities, Doc.

June 7, 2014 3:58:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm 99 % sure this is the email on my account, as proof that I've received automatic replies from star dock with 1. My receives of purchase, 2. They received my help request, and 3. An email welcoming me to a help desk. have I missed something?

June 7, 2014 7:32:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
That's two possibilities, Doc.

True enough, lol. I sowwy

June 7, 2014 12:47:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

How long does it usually take for help to "arrive"? I've been scanning that help desk, nothing seems to be relevant to the problem I'm experiencing.

The more I see of Object Dock screenshots, it seems that the one I have is only partially installed. (would account for the non functioning settings)? 

June 7, 2014 12:49:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,

If you've already submitted a ticket, don't submit a new one.  Just post the ticket number you received here.

The ticket number I got is VAV-855-97994

June 7, 2014 12:55:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting ravenleigh,
How long does it usually take for help to "arrive"?

Stardock Sales and Support are open Monday - Friday (9am-4pm EST). Every effort is made to respond to queries as quickly as possible, though emails sent after-hours and on weekends will generally not be seen until the following work day.

http://www.stardock.com/about/contactus.asp

Unfortunately, it is the weekend and support will not return to work until Monday.

June 7, 2014 12:59:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Hankers,

Quoting ravenleigh, reply 9How long does it usually take for help to "arrive"?

Stardock Sales and Support are open Monday - Friday (9am-4pm EST). Every effort is made to respond to queries as quickly as possible, though emails sent after-hours and on weekends will generally not be seen until the following work day.

http://www.stardock.com/about/contactus.asp

Unfortunately, it is the weekend and support will not return to work until Monday.

sigh, ok...thank you

June 7, 2014 8:59:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm fixed!! Turns out my poor computer was rather littered with some nasty ....yeah, you can figure that out I'm sure. I was able to get rid of it (I hope) and wow what a difference! computer is faster, and programs are faster (and object dock is functioning like it should!!) woohoo! 

now to go and close my ticket (and do some exploring with my new dock) any sugestions you think I should try?

Thanks guys!

Heidi

June 9, 2014 11:53:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Take a look in the galleries. I'm sure you'll find something interesting. You can make some more docks, change 'em up and stuff. Just one of many. Lol

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.