Stardock Site gives Incorrect Product Key

By on May 26, 2014 12:03:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

sViz

Join Date 04/2006
+504

In My Account > My Downloads on the main Stardock site, the product key for my DesktopX is incorrect. The last block of numbers is completely different from the one I saved from original purchase (which is correct and works.)

Anyone else have this issue?

11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 26, 2014 12:34:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oddly, DesktopX never asks me for a key, but I  haven't saved any on my PC, so I dunno.

Sorry.   Good to see you here, Eve.

May 26, 2014 12:50:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I just compared the S/N that I saved with the S/N on My Downloads.   They do not match.   I did not try to install.

May 26, 2014 12:53:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hey Jim. How are you?

I'm reinstalling, so I needed the key. Thought I'd use the handy info on my account, instead of pulling out my thumbdrive but nope.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 26, 2014 9:29:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just checked all mine at the store and they are the same as I have here backed up. Better send an email to support Eve. 

May 26, 2014 11:44:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Eve, are you using Pro, or just the regular version. Pro never asks for a key, even on a fresh install/reinstall.

I guess I should be backing up my serials.

May 26, 2014 12:34:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks for the replies. I just sent an email. Yes, I'm using pro 3.5 and it always asks me for the key on reinstall.

May 26, 2014 1:22:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ah, I forgot, I am using Pro Beta 4 (3.96)  ( No longer available) My bad.

May 26, 2014 2:09:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting sViz,

Thanks for the replies. I just sent an email. Yes, I'm using pro 3.5 and it always asks me for the key on reinstall.

Eve - if you think about, I'd be be interested in knowing what TS has to say.  Since I have my saved S/N, I'm confident I can install version 3.5 again if I need to.  When I switched from 32 bit XP to 64 bit Win 7 Pro, DesktopX stopped working properly for me.   I suspect there are ways to work around that, but I just moved on with the anticipation and hope a new release would be forthcoming.  Someday I may try again.

Sleep 

May 26, 2014 2:27:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yeah, I didn't backup my updates (3.9, etc) so when Impulse was gone so were they. MeSleep, I'll let y'all know what I hear.

June 2, 2014 7:49:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Support sorted out the issue. If you have incorrect info on your account, it seems, your only hope is to have the original info saved somewhere. You'd have to notify them with the correct info so they can update your account.

June 2, 2014 10:25:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting sViz,

Support sorted out the issue. If you have incorrect info on your account, it seems, your only hope is to have the original info saved somewhere. You'd have to notify them with the correct info so they can update your account.

Thanks sViz.  I have my S/N backed up a few places so no need to waste TS' time.  I'm not sure if DesTopX 3.5 works on 64 bit Win 7 anyway.  I can't get it to work, but I believe I read somewhere that others have had some success.   Those folks may be using one of the higher beta versions that I never downloaded. I truly appreciate you coming back to share this information.  Not many folks would have been so courteous to do so

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.