Theme Manager and MyColors

Won't work on XP or Vista

By on May 17, 2014 2:12:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

RedneckDude

Join Date 04/2009
+1435

Hey guys. I can't get Theme Manager to load anything other than Aero Midnight on XP or Vista.

I also can't get MyColors to install on either.

What's up?

I realize that XP is no longer supported, but these programs should work on XP. I hate that I bought a bunch of MyColors themes and can't use them.

When I try to install MyColors, it acts like it's installing, until I see the "downloading MyColors" screen, then the window closes, no error, nothing.

Same on Vista.

I have tried the standalone MyColors and installing a MyColors theme. No go.

28 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 17, 2014 3:03:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

MyColors is no longer supported by Stardock too. I still not understand why you chose to run a defunct program on an old system unless you realized the haphazard it ensued.    

Theme Manager supposed to work,alas,it is not. 

May 17, 2014 4:00:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

When I try to install MyColors, it acts like it's installing, until I see the "downloading MyColors" screen, then the window closes, no error, nothing.

Anti-virus and/or firewall disabled?

May 17, 2014 11:42:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Gaspershooters,
I still no understand why you chose to run a defunct program on an old system

Simple. Because I have an old defunct system that will not run anything but XP and it is otherwise a great rig. Great for what it is, and old Dell with XP and very little ram, slow cpu.

And because I paid for oh, about 20 MC themes that I'd like to use.

No antivirus installed, yet.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
May 17, 2014 1:54:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I too would like to be able to use the themes that were paid for.

May 17, 2014 2:55:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,
No antivirus installed, yet.

Got the firewall that installs with Windows turned off? (In case it's been awhile - Control Panel / Security Center)  Don't know that it blocks it but I'm hoping it's something simple.

May 17, 2014 5:30:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveRI,
but I'm hoping it's something simple.

Me too, but I doubt it. I'll give it a shot. 

May 17, 2014 6:19:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveRI,
Got the firewall that installs with Windows turned off?

No help.

May 17, 2014 7:01:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Gaspershooters,
MyColors is no longer supports by Stardock too.

I think this is the problem. The MC installer runs fine till it gets to the download stage. I'm guessing that whatever it's trying to download no longer exists. I even tried to install on 7, with the same results. Runs to the download stage, then just stops and disappears.

I think that's a hell of a note, considering that I paid 20 bux a pop for these skins.

They should still run on the OS they were sold to run on. 

May 17, 2014 9:36:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OK, got ThemeManager fixed and working on both XP and Vista.

Used ODNT Zapper, then reinstalled.

I guess you need to install WindowBlinds first, then ThemeManager.

No luck with MyColors.

May 17, 2014 11:39:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is quite shamble that Mycolors has been mentioned umpteen times that you could have just downloaded the alternative links given by Stardock to apply theme(s) directly with relative program;no need Mycolors app. 

May 17, 2014 11:47:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Gaspershooters, I don't know where you're getting your info, but I'd be more than pleased to download said themes if they existed. Show me where.

I have a few links that were supplied, but most of my MyColors themes are NOT available in theme manager format, nor are they in WBA format.

Feel free to prove me wrong by showing me the links to Mustang, Camaro, Tennessee Volunteers, Camouflage, etc. , etc.

May 18, 2014 12:30:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I knew you are going to ask those patented themes (Mustang, Camaro, Tennessee Volunteers,Collegiate,Football themes,,....) which are also disappeared/unavailable on Stardock store as have been mentioned umpteen times that it won't be given "unpixelled" WBA format when copyrighted holders have 3rd party involved.

As for theme manager format,this is convenient that you can simply make your own by edit the .ini file or via app,it's not rocky scientist's stuff to be quite honest.   

May 18, 2014 12:31:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Camouflage does provide unpixelled WB skin as I have at few years back...........................

May 18, 2014 12:35:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Gaspershooters, I cannot reformat my MyColors themes into ThemeManager suites. They are encrypted. Believe me, I have tried.

I was able to do it last year, when MyColors would still install. But I can't access the bin files without having MyColors installed.

It's obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about, so why not just stop arguing unless you can actually help, this IS a support thread.

May 18, 2014 12:38:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I did not say you can format encrypted/pixelled Mycolors themes to ThemeManager suites;that is your comprehension,not mine before saying I don't know of. And,I am not arguing,just simply provided my inputs whether you like it or not which obviously that you are displeased........................

May 18, 2014 2:29:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Gaspershooters,
I did not say you can format encrypted/pixelled Mycolors themes to ThemeManager suites;that is your comprehension,not mine

Quoting Gaspershooters,

As for theme manager format,this is convenient that you can simply make your own by edit the .ini file or via app,it's not rocky scientist's stuff to be quite honest.

May 18, 2014 2:32:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Could someone from Stardock please tell me why I can't install MyColors on an XP rig? Or at least tell me how to convert my MC themes to TM suites so I can use them?

Or even how I can use the WindowBlinds portion of the MC themes?

I totally understand this may not happen until Monday.

May 18, 2014 2:50:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It may have something to do with the version of windowblinds, that you  are using, if you have it installed. You might need a older version. Just an idea, because it happened to me.

May 18, 2014 4:56:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Running WB 7.4. What are you running, and are you using MyColors?

I can see how the wrong version of WindowBlinds could make MyColors not work correctly, but for me, MyColors won't even install. Not sure WindowBlinds could cause that.

May 18, 2014 10:47:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

Quoting Gaspershooters, reply 15I did not say you can format encrypted/pixelled Mycolors themes to ThemeManager suites;that is your comprehension,not mine

Quoting Gaspershooters, reply 12
As for theme manager format,this is convenient that you can simply make your own by edit the .ini file or via app,it's not rocky scientist's stuff to be quite honest.

Again,that's your comprehension;those 2 sentences doesn't equal the same meanings/result. Now,it's getting pointless when someone kept prejudice on his own other than facing the music. Weirdly,I have some encrypted Mycolors themes/WBA format (Think Green,Nickelodeon.......) which managed to work on Windowblinds without Mycolors app.................... 

May 19, 2014 7:29:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Gaspershooters,
which managed to work on Windowblinds without Mycolors app

I too, have a few, like Camouflage, and Halloween. But most don't. It would be awesome to be able to use what I paid for.

Would also be awesome to get someone from Stardock to make a reply of any kind on this thread.

May 19, 2014 8:20:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I tried to reinstall MyColors on my Vista rig, but it never did anything, so I don't know what's going on.

May 19, 2014 8:26:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,
Runs to the download stage, then just stops and disappears.

So, it's my guess that it needs to download something that is no longer there. Apparently, Stardock has removed the downloads/server where MyColors downloads from.

Stardock may as well remove all the MyColors themes from my downloads page, since they can't access what they're supposed to download.

May 19, 2014 9:00:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

Quoting RedneckDude, reply 8Runs to the download stage, then just stops and disappears.

So, it's my guess that it needs to download something that is no longer there. Apparently, Stardock has removed the downloads/server where MyColors downloads from.

Stardock may as well remove all the MyColors themes from my downloads page, since they can't access what they're supposed to download.

I have raised this internally to see if it can be easily fixed.

May 19, 2014 9:58:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thank you, Neil! 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000532   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.