Nothing showing in Object desktop

By on May 9, 2014 11:04:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

edk01

Join Date 07/2002

All my subs are active and I can install all the applications individually, but object desktop application shows nothing.

I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit.

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 10, 2014 12:20:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Signed into ObjectDesktopManager with the same credentials as your Stardock account?

May 10, 2014 1:34:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If i recall correctly I believe if you install individually the object desktop manager wont see them. They have to be installed thru he manager for them to be seen by it.. I could be wrong but I think that's what I read somewhere..

May 12, 2014 8:14:56 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Your account looks to be OK. Nothing is showing as available to install under the 'Manage' tab? Does anything show up under the 'Installed' tab?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 7, 2014 3:15:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Clearly not the only person with this problem. It is happening to me, also the posters at: http://forums.stardock.com/452523/page/1/  and http://forums.stardock.com/453780/page/1/#3461816

I tried uninstalling everything from Stardock, rebooting and re-installing ODM. When I did, the programs all appeared in the dialogue, so I selected those that applied to Win 8 and installed. ODM duly downloaded them and seemed to do the installs, but when it had finished neither the Manage nor Installed tabs had anything in them. Also, nothing actually had been installed.

June 7, 2014 4:09:07 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Been wondering why SDC & ODM have 'blind spots'.  HG_E may be on to the reason.

June 7, 2014 4:19:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Following up. I uninstalled everything again using Revo on its most aggressive mode, rebooted, ran CCleaner to clean the registry, went into the registry manually to clear out every reference to Stardock and ObjectDock, rebooted again, this time ODM installed everything fine and it all appears in the Manage and Installed tabs.

June 7, 2014 6:01:52 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Glad you're good to go, Keith, but SD needs to work on ODM so that it can be used effectively to manage previously installed apps without having to go through that drill.  They have smart guys & gals who should be able to figure it out.

June 21, 2014 8:08:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Spoke too soon. Just opened ODM for the first time since I posted the above and ... nothing there, which is nonsense. Nothing on Manage or Installed tabs. So, basically, ODM is about as much use to me at the moment as a pile of poo in a swimming pool

June 21, 2014 7:04:43 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting KeithCollyer,
about as much use to me at the moment as a pile of poo in a swimming pool

I disagree.  You can actually do something with that. 

June 23, 2014 8:27:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

For anyone having an issue with ODM, please place a ticket here: http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Please download and run the following utility:

http://sd.stardock.com/SDSupportTool.exe

This is a tool that we use to gather relevant log files and basic information about your computer. Once the utility finishes running, please attach it to your ticket along with any screenshots that might help if there are any.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.