Help with Stacks

By on April 18, 2014 1:39:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Malvegil_Raven

Join Date 06/2008

I have followed the instructions for setting up a stack icon on the dock.  And it seems to be working, but the only thing that is showing up in the stack is: "Show in Explorer".  How do I add more icons/shortcuts to a stack?

I am running Object Dock v2.1 & StandaloneStack v2.07 and followed Frankell's instructions for setting up a stack on a dock.

Right now I'm just trying to get all my Microsoft Office Icons to show on 1 stack.

Thanks for any help - Lance.

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 18, 2014 2:10:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi Malvegil_Raven the stacks are "folder sensitive" !

create a new folder wherever you want (I suggest in the same StandaloneStack2 folder)  call the folder MOffice or whatever you like now create all the MSOffice shortcuts you need and move them in the MOffice folder

double click on  StandaloneStack2.exe click on the dialog window "New Stack" then click on the right side of the "Path" (the button with the ... points ) and browse to the MSOffice folder

click on "Create Stack" then click on "Create shortcut" in the end save the shortcut to the stack wherever you want (I suggest in the same StandaloneStack2 folder)

now you can drag the shortcut and drop it on your opened dock !

... let me know !

April 18, 2014 2:50:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This may be of interest to you both: http://forums.wincustomize.com/453478/page/1/#3459523 See reply #1 for the correct way to add 64 bit shortcuts to your stack folder or dock.

April 19, 2014 12:40:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

THANK YOU!  I knew it was something simple!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
April 19, 2014 12:25:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000171   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.