can someone please help me with logonstudio, i can't fig out the editor

By on April 18, 2014 4:02:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

reble1

Join Date 04/2014

I had 1st posted this in the Stardock General Support forum.  And it sat there for 3 to 4 days with no answers.  I guess I posted my question in the wrong forum.

I have a Toshiba Satellite M60 laptop os Xp Pro, sp2.   I have most of the LogonStudio figured out except the edit window.   I can open the logonui.exe file in the edit window.  But that's all.  I can't make heads or tales of how to change the file.  Please see the 1st Dropbox link      

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wi5yod2192kfsi/logonui%20screen.jpg  In the 1st picture it shows the edit window on the left side of the picture. I understand the makeup of the file. The upper box, center box,  right and left screens in the center box, the bottom box and the stuff in the box's.  When I click on the help pulldown menu it brings up the help file for a newer LoginStudio Editor, not this one so it is of no use. I would like the finished logonui.exe file to look like the drawing in the next Dropbox link     

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wifvkf7pplkrl5g/sf%20logon%20logo.bmp    I have the background bmp picture ready to go.  If someone can please give me some instructions on how this version of LogonStudio Editor works,  it would be a great help. Thanks.

Steve

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 18, 2014 6:52:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Working from ancient memory here:

I think if you click on an item in the elements window such as "center panel", the options for that element pop up in the properties window below.  You can then click on one of those options and define it, such as click on "image" with a subsequent option to import.  Are you getting that far?

I think I used to take an image at my screen resolution and split it into 2 separate images - a big one for the center panel and a smaller one for the bottom panel.  For a 1600x1200 screen it was something like 1600x1050 and 1600x150.  Somehow I'd tell it I didn't want a top panel, don't remember exactly how, but I did need the bottom panel for the shutdown area.

One note - If the XPro is 64bit, it may not work.  XP 64bit was never supported and would sometimes cause problems, but I don't remember seeing anything regarding logonstudio one way or the other.  Keep that in mind though.

You may want to download one from here and tear it up to see how they're put together, you should be able to install one and then edit it:

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/logonstudio_xp

Maybe that'll get you going or maybe someone who still has it installed will drop by.  I hope I'm remembering at least half-right.

April 18, 2014 6:56:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is a quite outdated prog,but I believe there are few people who ever used it will chime in once saw this thread,be patient. 

April 18, 2014 4:26:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

One other thing:

I believe LogonStudioXP stores its theme files and configuration files in its program folder under the "Programs" directory.  You would need to be logged in as an Administrator to add or edit themes, or you would need to modify the LogonStudio folder security rights for the limited users.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
April 18, 2014 5:33:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

By default they are in C:\Program Files\Stardock\Object Desktop\LogonStudio  but the location can be changed in Config. I am using v.1.0.64 on XP HP SP3. I  see an .ini file in there along with a tutorial folder. The tutorial in the folder references the beta for the version I am using, (0.95.16beta) not a newer one, so you may want to look there.

April 18, 2014 5:41:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

(I was hoping you still had it installed on one of your old boxes )

April 18, 2014 6:49:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveRI,

(I was hoping you still had it installed on one of your old boxes )
I like the earlier version of LogonStudio, the skinners had more options and control over the finished logon. The new version is just a drag, drop and done wallpaper modifier. Easy to use, all you need is a wallpaper but all somewhat the same in layout.

Unfortunately for the OP, I'm not much of a skinner and have never edited a logon so I'm not much help. Stramp is about the only active skinner around that made LogonXP  skins. You might try PM'ing him.

There is an .ini file for each skin in its respective folder so once you figure that out, the rest is cake.

April 18, 2014 7:11:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for all your input.  I now have the logonui.exe config the way I want.  The only thing to do now is to get start windows event wav file to play when the logon screen 1st pops up.  Right now the startup win events wav file doesn't start playing until the desktop starts showing.  Any way to fix that?

Steve

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000813   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.