Changing Taskbar Color?

By on April 14, 2014 12:52:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

thummel

Join Date 08/2012

Hi I was wondering how I would do that, I've tried almost everything and nothing seems to change it Here's what my taskbar looks like now:

Is there a way to just make it slightly lighter in color? Also, would changing the taskbar color change this as well? -

Thanks in advance

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 14, 2014 2:36:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Open the Windowblinds config and click on color. Depending on the skin you can change the overall color of it, taskbar, frames etc.

April 14, 2014 5:03:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You won't have much luck with color settings because of the black.

You could open the taskbar image with a art program{adobe or such} and enhance the brightness and contrast without to much trouble, would be glad to assist, just need a skin name and I can tell you how.

Or, if you have skin studio, you could do it there really easy, glad to help there also.

If you would like any assistance, post here or pm me, DT1.

April 14, 2014 5:06:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I noticed also, you have arrows pointing to the caption or top frame and possibly the command background, is your desire to lighten the whole black look?

If so, skin studio pro and a recolor of the skin if you have it, otherwise, you could use either of the previous suggestions.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
April 14, 2014 6:31:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You can also apply a texture on black to add some color.  There are some solid color textures, particularly on this page:

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds_textures#/pagesize/30/page/3

You may need or want to lighten the skin a little for them to show, in the color section Uvah mentioned, the brightness slider dropdown.  You can use the color settings along with the textures.

April 14, 2014 7:02:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting doortech1,

I noticed also, you have arrows pointing to the caption or top frame and possibly the command background, is your desire to lighten the whole black look?

If so, skin studio pro and a recolor of the skin if you have it, otherwise, you could use either of the previous suggestions.

Yes I just want the whole black theme to be slightly lighter - like a dark grey, but every option I've tried to change in Skin Studio doesn't change the the black, just the white texts and other things. Is there a specific way to just change the taskbar & Top Frame color? (Which also changes the color of Start 8 Start Menu)

April 14, 2014 7:05:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just actually figured how to change the color, Thanks for all of your guy's help

April 15, 2014 4:28:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My apologies for missing those hue and saturation sliders ,, I skin, but rarely tweak a skin, so I overlooked those.Glad someone got you sorted, and I learned something too.

Great tips Ross and company!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.