Game of Thrones Starts back Today.... YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!

just a few short hours to go.

By on April 6, 2014 3:09:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

starkers

Join Date 05/2004
+929

Yup, my fave show on TV is back today and I'm champing at the bit... to hear the haunting theme music will be like heaven on a stick.

So who else is champing at the bit for GoT to start? 

Also, any ideas on who will likely rise like cream to the top to seriously challenge for the iron throne? 

And what about the white walkers?  How will they be defeated before they conqeuer the North and beyond, and by whom?

My bet is on the dragon lady, Daenerys Targaryen, to overcome the whitewalkers using her dragons [remembering that fire is the only thing that ensures they remain dead].... and to show their gratitude the remaining Stark family members join forces with her to overthrow King Joffrey and his grandfather, etc.  Yup, can't wait for that cowardly upstart to get what's rightly coming his way... among other things, for what he did to Ned Stark.

So watchers; fans; addicts of the show, please add your thoughts and ideas on Game of Thrones here.....

11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 7, 2014 1:44:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

10 views yet not one solitary reply... why do I fechen bother trying to keep these forums alive?

I dunno, so I give up.

April 7, 2014 3:45:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Game of Thrones?

Kill me, but I might be the only living human being not having a clue about that show. All I know about it is the title.....

April 7, 2014 3:56:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
10 views yet not one solitary reply...

I hated to reply just to say "I'm not into it".  It looks like it would be a good show, but alas it's way too dramatic to hold my attention.  There are a lot of good shows that I don't watch - for the most part tv is something that's on while I'm doing something else.  Truth is I mostly like stupid shit that amuses me while I'm really focused on something else.  So there you go - it's probably better than something I'd "watch" 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
April 7, 2014 6:17:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks to the free 3 day preview on HBO I just got to watch the first 3 seasons back to back! Thank god for tape to keep my eyes open all weekend!

April 7, 2014 6:53:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Snowman,

Game of Thrones?

Kill me, but I might be the only living human being not having a clue about that show. All I know about it is the title.....

It's alright Snowy, we know you live under a rock and miss a lot of what's going on, so don't feel bad... and if you ever get the electricity on for real, go buy a TV to hide under the rock with you... maybe then you too can watch.

Quoting DaveRI,

Quoting starkers, reply 110 views yet not one solitary reply...

I hated to reply just to say "I'm not into it".  It looks like it would be a good show, but alas it's way too dramatic to hold my attention.  There are a lot of good shows that I don't watch - for the most part tv is something that's on while I'm doing something else.  Truth is I mostly like stupid shit that amuses me while I'm really focused on something else.  So there you go - it's probably better than something I'd "watch" 

And that's alright as well... diffrent stroke for diffrent folks.  All those medical shows, ER and the like, well they're not my cup of tea and I wouldn't sit in front of one if you paid me, so no worries.  Besides, my comment was to stir up all those so-called Game of Thrones fans and somehow get them talking about it.

Quoting WebGizmos,

Thanks to the free 3 day preview on HBO I just got to watch the first 3 seasons back to back! Thank god for tape to keep my eyes open all weekend!

So, you're champing at the bit toget into season 4?  As soon as I've finished posting here I'm going to turn on my TV and Foxtel to watch the 1st installment.

Bye.................................

April 7, 2014 10:19:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Snowman,

Game of Thrones?

Nope, you are not the only one Snowman. 

April 7, 2014 1:17:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
Quoting WebGizmos,
reply 4

So, you're champing at the bit toget into season 4? As soon as I've finished posting here I'm going to turn on my TV and Foxtel to watch the 1st installment.

I wish....unfortunately I don't get HBO so I won't get to see season 4...sucks.

April 7, 2014 5:13:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting WebGizmos,

Quoting starkers, reply 5Quoting WebGizmos,
reply 4

So, you're champing at the bit toget into season 4? As soon as I've finished posting here I'm going to turn on my TV and Foxtel to watch the 1st installment.

I wish....unfortunately I don't get HBO so I won't get to see season 4...sucks.

That's sad!  This season will be the best yet, and I believe the contest for the throne will heat up now that Daenerys Targaryen has amassed her army of willing soldiers and is marching towards Kings Landing.  However, I think the white walkers will provide a distraction to all seeking to gain the throne and that Daenarys dragons will play an important part in saving the kingdom from becoming a land of the walking dead.

The first episode back was not overly eventful, but it does help set up the forthcoming battle of wills and personalities of the key players.  I dunno, if you can't get HBO, maybe you have a friend or someone who would let you watch Got at their place? 

Alternatively, you could go to an electrical store and watch it on one of their display tellies.... which is not as absurd as it sounds.  Some years ago I came across a couple of largish families in a TV store all gathered around a display set, and after a bit of conversation I discovered that niether family had a TV and they did it every week on a [late night shopping] Thursday evening to catch up on a particular show they liked.

April 7, 2014 6:19:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I just started watching, starting with Season 1, episode 1, and am completely hooked.

I am starting Season 2 tonight, will likely stretch it out so that I am watching 2 episodes daily.

It's been a long time since a series has gotten my interest like this one.

April 7, 2014 9:38:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting bmetelsky,

I just started watching, starting with Season 1, episode 1, and am completely hooked.

I am starting Season 2 tonight, will likely stretch it out so that I am watching 2 episodes daily.

It's been a long time since a series has gotten my interest like this one.

Yeah, I was completely hooked after the first couple of episodes, and as the series has gone on it has almost become addictive, with withdrawal symptoms manifesting themselves in the week between episodes.  Since you are just starting season 2 I will not spoil it for you with details from seasons 3 and 4, but if you're hooked after just viewing season 1, you are in for a real treat with what is yet to come, given the many twists and turns in the plot/storyline.

Another series that may interest you is Da Vinci's Demons.  It starts off with Da Vinci as a young man in Florence and follows his life, loves and inventions with great dramatic effect.  I was completely hooked after just the first episode of season 1, which has 10 installments.  Season 2 has just begun and is up to episode 3... it is deliciously intriguing and just as compelling as Game of Thrones.

April 15, 2014 5:38:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I won't spoil it for those who haven't caught up with season 4 as yet, but the plot thickens with a major development in yesterdays episode, and then there's the reintroduction of a couple of key characters from previous seasons.  Yes, season 4 is shaping up the be the best Game of Thrones season thus far... as is Da Vinci's Demons, which is bloomin' fantastic, also.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.