Using fences 2.12

Has anyone encountered that problem?

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 2, 2014 8:05:46 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That issue should have been taken care of in 2.12. What happens when you attempt to make a single row? Are you seeing icons go off to the side in the area that is not visible?

April 2, 2014 12:04:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Gargabee,
That issue should have been taken care of in 2.12. What happens when you attempt to make a single row? Are you seeing icons go off to the side in the area that is not visible?

Well, i don't think it was solved, at least for what I can see ....

Single rows behave as expected, I'm talking about single columns, I cannot make a fence with less than 2 columns.  If I try to resize it to make a single  column, the icons don't re-arrange themselves, they simply stay where they are and I'm hiding them as I move the edge of the fence.  See attached

April 2, 2014 12:22:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It may be an issue with Windows 8/8.1.  I'm running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium and the latest version of Fences and I can get a single column Fence.  I know that doesn't talk directly to your problem but it may help support in looking at it. 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
April 2, 2014 1:03:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Philly0381,

It may be an issue with Windows 8/8.1.  I'm running Windows 7 64bit Home Premium and the latest version of Fences and I can get a single column Fence.  I know that doesn't talk directly to your problem but it may help support in looking at it. 

Thanks,  ya let's see if a support person can help.

April 3, 2014 7:59:37 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It will be best to submit a ticket if you have not already done so. Please download and run the following utility:

http://sd.stardock.com/SDSupportTool.exe

This is a tool that we use to gather relevant log files and basic information about your computer. Once the utility finishes running, please send the .zip file it creates on the desktop to support@stardock.com

Thank you.

May 31, 2014 11:43:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I ran into this problem earlier.  I have a couple of single column fences and I was playing about with resizing my icons and the icon spacing in Windows 8.1.  I noticed that if I made my desktop icons a smaller or changed the spacing to anything other than default then I would get this issue where icons would move into 2 columns within the fence.  To rectify it I reset the spacing to default and made the icons bigger (by pressing Ctrl & Alt & '+' keys together).

I hope this info helps  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.