Rainlendar

install path/directory/location?

By on March 22, 2014 2:38:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

doortech1

Join Date 12/2011
+247

So my first Rainlendar came out okay, but, I did receive a pm asking how to install it.

So, I made an installer and it works fine for me{I used a program, not invented!,lol.}My question is would I be doing a bad thing as far as wc is concerned to include it in the file, a zip file, and is the install path the same for 32/ 64 bit pc's?

I could do one for each if needed and at the end of the install a message to restart Rainlendar is included, should be fine for people with trouble, any input from you all?

Thanks much, DT1.

11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 22, 2014 3:36:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Usually rainies are simply unzipped and put in the skins folder, whether its v2 or v0.21. Installers aren't really necessary but that should be an Admin's call I think.

March 23, 2014 3:22:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well Ross, thanks, although I expected some more input from others, maybe a mod.

Very discouraging the lack of any replies!

Thanks again Ross, guess I just wont make any extras!

March 23, 2014 3:47:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Brian what I use to do is put instructions in with the zip that includes the folder with your graphics in it.

Below is what I use to include and always sent it in .txt form from notepad as everyone has notepad..

To install: unzip the file. Goto c:/Program Files(x86)/Rainlendar or Rainlendar2. Click on the + sign and place folder in Skins. Remember if you hve rainlendar open close it than you will see the folder you just placed in the Rainlendar Skins folder.

This is just a thought for you to do and yes same folder for 32 or 64 bit system.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
March 23, 2014 5:58:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

.exe files/installers have never been allowed in uploaded files. You never what kind of shit that gets installed, and no mod would ever 'sacrifice' his/her machine to test it.

Only Rainlendar skin NEED to be unzipped into the skins folder. Rainlendar 2 skins does not, just pop the zipfile (.r2skin) in the skins folder.

March 24, 2014 3:36:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks snowman ,that was what I wondered with the exe. file!

Guess I will let it be, thanks!

I have a text file in the next one to give direction, I just wanted to do all I could to help others, no biggie.

Thanks Dave, Ross and Morton.

March 24, 2014 5:33:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveBax,
This is just a thought for you to do and yes same folder for 32 or 64 bit system.

Sorry, but if you have installed the 64bit version of Rainlendar the folder is c:/Program Files/Rainlendar2.

Regards

March 24, 2014 7:13:38 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, Snow's right.....executables/installers are frowned upon [rejected]...

March 24, 2014 8:34:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting vwaldbrunn,

Quoting DaveBax, reply 3This is just a thought for you to do and yes same folder for 32 or 64 bit system.

Sorry, but if you have installed the 64bit version of Rainlendar the folder is c:/Program Files/Rainlendar2.

Regards

Yes you are correct. what i wrote is what I use to include 4 or 5 years ago. Should have looked into it and revised that. 

March 24, 2014 10:53:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveBax,
Yes you are correct. what i wrote is what I use to include 4 or 5 years ago. Should have looked into it and revised that.
Not tragic, everyone can err.

March 24, 2014 12:13:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DaveBax,

doesn't really matter as actually skins should go into:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\.rainlendar2\skins\

(it is just not a good habit to litter into the program's folder. yes, i know this was common behaviour in older versions of Windows, and therefore backwards compatibility exists. one of Windows' many flaws.)

March 24, 2014 4:24:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting moshi,

Quoting DaveBax, reply 8

doesn't really matter as actually skins should go into:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\.rainlendar2\skins\

(it is just not a good habit to litter into the program's folder. yes, i know this was common behaviour in older versions of Windows, and therefore backwards compatibility exists. one of Windows' many flaws.)

Thanks everyone, and Moshi, that is where mine are stored, just was not sure about a 32 bit os, I run 64.

All good and I appreciate the help. Jafo, got it , no exe's!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.