"Floating" title bar buttons?

By on March 12, 2014 1:14:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums External Link

KamikazeSpider

Join Date 03/2014

Is it possible to have title bar buttons in a skin such that they are drawn in "empty space" not occupied by the title bar?

Example in the linked picture. I'm asking because when I try to position the buttons "above" the title bar (-5 pixels from the top edge,) they get clipped.

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 12, 2014 1:20:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

They get clipped because they're outside the margins of the window. What app are you working on?

March 12, 2014 1:44:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, I'm working in SkinStudio, on a WindowBlinds skin. (I really hope I'm posting in the right place.) Can the "margins" of the window be explicitly set? For example, when making the image for the Caption border, do I have to add a few rows of transparent pixels as "padding" so the titlebar buttons can be drawn without being clipped?

March 12, 2014 2:55:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting KamikazeSpider,
For example, when making the image for the Caption border, do I have to add a few rows of transparent pixels as "padding" so the titlebar buttons can be drawn without being clipped?

That's the way it was done on Theater of the Mind:

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/7493/

Add the amount of the transparent space to the painting margins for the titlebar.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
March 12, 2014 4:14:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Or, add that amount of blank space to the TOP of your image, both pieces of the top frame, so they match, space and image!

So, if your buttons are twenty pixels, add twenty to the top of the frame Top section, recut leaving blank area at top of each frame.

Hope  you get it.

March 13, 2014 6:50:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting KamikazeSpider,
do I have to add a few rows of transparent pixels as "padding" so the titlebar buttons can be drawn without being clipped?

yes

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2016 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.