Oh Well

By on February 27, 2014 11:16:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

3java3

Join Date 07/2002
+5

I downloaded Linux Mint 16.....cuz I got tired of seeing bsods on my windows 7 installation....while I like linux for certain things and respect it....I have a huge problem with trying to customize it the way I want.....themes are a bear and you have to jump too many hoops.......I am using cinnamon......its interesting but the bottom line is that Windows is better and easier for customization.....so while I will keep linux on one laptop.... I think I will come back to and focis on Windows 7......

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 27, 2014 11:17:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That should be focus on the end there......

February 27, 2014 11:18:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Welcome back to the world of whacky windows.

February 27, 2014 11:26:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Not meaning to point out the obvious but Windows 7 in itself wouldn't cause BSOD's.  Have you done the research to determine what the cause is?  I believe they are/were (I haven't seen a BSOD in ages) caused by hardware problems.  I could be wrong and if so, someone will come along and correct me.  

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 27, 2014 11:57:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WhoCrashed will help you determine the culprit.

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

As will BluescreenView .

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html 

February 27, 2014 11:58:00 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Philly, I agree. If W7 Installation told you it installed correctly, then your problem could be software (for instance, driver) related OR hardware related (i.e. hdd failure)

What were the error codes? What did the error log say? You've given very sparce info, 3java3.

February 27, 2014 1:25:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

All I can remember is something about a minidump....... anyway, I used glary utilities in order to clean up the registry and to see if that will work. Fortunately I have two laptops. One is running Windows 7 with a dual boot with Win 8.1 Pro Preview or Evaluation edition............the other has Windows Vista with Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon. Sure wish I knew how to install these Linux Themes..........why couldn't it be as easy as Windowblinds skins? I haven't used WIndows 7 in a few days so I do not remember all the error codes.........

February 27, 2014 2:29:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting 3java3,
All I can remember is something about a minidump

The apps I linked to will read the minidumps and tell you what needs fixing.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.