"Aero blur" dependent skins on Win8

By on February 19, 2014 10:26:34 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

MKANET

Join Date 07/2007
+9

Im using a customized semi-dark glassy skin which depends on Aero blur for it to look very nice.  I'm curious if Stardock figured out how to get Aero blur working again under Win8.  This is the only thing holding me back from considering to upgrade to Win8.

If there still isn't support for this, I'm curious if there's an simple way to find out what my Skin would look like exactly under Win8 (without me having to install Win8).

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 19, 2014 3:23:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm curious if Stardock figured out how to get Aero blur working again under Win8.

Nothing like you are thinking, no.  The only way to see how your skin will look and perform would be to install Windows 8.  Short of installing it on your main box, you make want to consider installing on a VM:

https://www.virtualbox.org/

February 24, 2014 8:10:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Aero is possible on Win8 via Aero Glass for Win 8/8.1, respectively.  Using Aero Glass, coupled with Rainmeter, really complements Stardock programs.  See my post at http://forums.stardock.com/449932/page/1/#3443901 for information.

February 25, 2014 12:05:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting sean_drohan,
The only way to see how your skin will look and perform would be to install Windows 8

Or to contact someone, like me, who has 8 and can test for you. 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.