Can ObjectDock launch 64bit apps from a folder yet?

By on February 11, 2014 5:24:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Calab

Join Date 03/2003

I have never been able to launch a 64bit application from a folder shortcut in ObjectDock. Is this possible?

Explanation:

I use the 64 bit version of FireFox (named Nightly). It is installed at "C:\Program Files\Nightly\firefox.exe".

I have a shortcut to the executable in a folder named "Internet". The shortcut target is "%ProgramW6432%\Nightly\firefox.exe -p Nightly -no-remote". This shortcut works fine when double-clicked.

I have a shortcut on my ObjectDock to the Internet folder mentioned above. If I try to run Nightly from ObjectDock, the "%ProgramW6432%" is incorrectly converted to "Program Files (x86)", and the program is not found.

More information from Microsoft can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976039

Can a shortcut to a 64bit program be made to work in ObjectDock?

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit. ObjectDock is version 2.10.0.811.

1 Reply
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 16, 2014 1:34:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ObjectDock cannot execute programs that are installed in program files in a 64 bit system.. as a fix, i created an app that bypasses this.. the app creates a shortcut to the program you are trying to put on the dock, and will open you program using that shortcut. so you would put the shortcut it creates on your dock instead of the program. 

this has been an issue for a long time!

if you are interested in my app, let me know i will post a download link.. 

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.