It's gone,, no matter what I do

By on January 29, 2014 3:51:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

woody8153

Join Date 04/2009
+4

I am running Windows 7. I have not made any changes (That I am aware of). For whatever reason,  Curser FX has disappeared. I have uninstalled it using a variety of uninstaller applications. Then I use Stardock Central to reinstall it. No icon appears anywhere. It won't start from the start menu either. I have tried reinstalling it using the install file also with the same results. Using explorer to navigate to the curser fx folder, nothing loads when I click on any of the exe files. Also, when it shows up to autoload, my computer crashes. Since this is one of my favorite programs, I am at a loss and would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks

Woody

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 29, 2014 4:29:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Also, when it shows up to autoload, my computer crashes
As I can Promise you the Cursor FX-Software is Not the bad guy here there is obviously something wrong on your end.

-The problem could be a new conflict between newly installed software or other software you started to use (again ?)

and / or

-You should run a proper Registry cleaner such as CCcleaner, AdvancedSystemCare etc + any virus programme that you have installed.

January 29, 2014 6:25:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Go to Control Panel,click the CursorFX applet there,and apply the theme you like.   

January 29, 2014 10:17:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Uninstall CFX then copy the following into Windows Explorer and delete what ever is there.  %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Stardock\CursorFX

Then try to reinstall CFX. It may be possible a corrupt cursor has wacked things.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 30, 2014 4:01:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks for the responses. I followed all the suggestions and finally Wizard's worked. Thank you.

Woody

January 30, 2014 4:59:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Go Wiz !!

January 30, 2014 8:04:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm glad you got it sorted out. I guess I still get one right once in awhile.  

Credit goes to ZubaZ for the original tip.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.