How to convert Win7 taskbar buttons to support large taskbar size

By on January 20, 2014 1:01:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

MKANET

Join Date 07/2007
+9

My OS is Win7 64bit.  Im using a Skin that has button images meant for standard/small taskbars (see below).  If my taskbar is large, the button images are messed up.

I'd like to know what I need to do specifically in Skinstudio for the images to be stretched to fit the size of the taskbar.  Can someone please be kind enough to tell me what I need to specifically to do?

Thanks in advance for the quick help.

MKANET

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 20, 2014 1:36:08 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'd like to know what I need to do specifically in Skinstudio for the images to be stretched to fit the size of the taskbar.
Unless there´s something else causing this you would have to adjust the "Painting margins" for the Taskbarbuttons.

Depending on the technique used for the stretching -Tiled or Stretched, you would have to adjust the Margins accordingly to make the buttons work properly.

January 20, 2014 1:36:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

DoublePost..

January 20, 2014 3:58:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Post the skin name?Might be able to tell you exactly what to do.

A link to find the skin might be good too. Looking at the skin I am wondering why the images are misaligned vertically and not horizontally. If it was a margin issue I would think your images would be misaligned only horizontally. Seems like an image stack issue to me?

Would love to look at the skin to  find out.

Up to you though!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 20, 2014 4:32:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting doortech1,
If it was a margin issue I would think your images would be misaligned only horizontally. Seems like an image stack issue to me?
I agree

January 20, 2014 2:17:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks so much for replying and offering to help!  I can't wait to find a solution.

Here's a skin example below. 

INVI 4V

All the ones I tried similar to this skin (for example all the skins made by 007TINAR do exactly what you see in the above screenshot.  Ive seen this on other skins too; but can remember the names.  I can reproduce this on ALL my Win7 machines (64bit and 32bit) and any version of WindowBlinds.

I know that these skins were created when there was only Windows Vista.  So, it's possible, I need to modify something related to the taskbar buttons.  I'd like to know how to do this from the experts on this forum.

Windowblinds settings:

1. I want to force the start button to be positioned in the middle in all skins.

2. The taskbar should be sized as follows:  Skin decides taskbar size

January 20, 2014 2:20:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am hoping someone would be kind enough to try the skin in my previous post; and, tell me exactly where to make the margin setting change(s).  I dont have much experience in Skinstudio; especially dealing with margins.

Thanks a million!!!

Quoting neone6,

Quoting doortech1, reply 3If it was a margin issue I would think your images would be misaligned only horizontally. Seems like an image stack issue to me?I agree

January 20, 2014 4:20:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just change your top and bottom paint margins to 14 on your taskbar, flash and taskbar progress bar if you add it, and don't forget your vertical taskbar buttons mkanet, works fine.

January 20, 2014 4:24:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You guys were right!  It was a horizon margin issue.  I experimented a little bit with the margin settings... then realized that all I had to do was:

Change "Stretch horizontal middle section" --> "Stretch middle section"; then removed the Top/bottom  margin settings.

Thanks again.  I wouldn't have been able to figure this out without your help!

January 20, 2014 4:57:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is what the community is all about. You guys rock!!!

January 20, 2014 5:43:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Cool! Great stuff guys.

January 20, 2014 7:25:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

January 20, 2014 8:01:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yeah, this forum rocks!  I was a little worried that my obscure Skinstudio questions burried deep in the stardock forums may not get even noticed.  But, to my surprised they were fully answered immediately!

This forum is a really great tool.  Of course, I always search the forum first before posting.

January 20, 2014 9:08:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting mkanet,
This forum is a really great tool.
Hey MKAnet -if you want I can fix you up with a New Avatar picture instead of the MKA you have know

January 21, 2014 10:45:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi Neon6.  I really appreciate the offer.  That is very nice of you.  I dont mind donating for your time to make a new avatar for me.  Please check your PM!

January 21, 2014 11:03:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting mkanet,

Hi Neon6.  I really appreciate the offer.  That is very nice of you.  I dont mind donating for your time to make a new avatar for me.  Please check your PM!
Cool stuff !!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000329   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.