Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Windows 8 Parts

Quick Access Toolbar

By on January 14, 2014 2:17:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

RedneckDude

Join Date 04/2009
+1454

Neil, I have a question about SKS and Windows 8.

I have some icons at the top left of my window that is the Quick Access Toolbar. (Undo. redo, delete, etc.)

One skin I have recently downloaded these icons are not clickable. Lightstar told me to alter the titlebar height to 30. This fixes it, now the icons are clickable, but the icons are now misaligned vertically.

The skin author tells me that in order to accommodate that, he'd have to redesign the caption.  Is there something I'm missing here?

I ask because most older Win 7 skins seem to work fine. Skins made before Win 8 was dreamed of.

Can SKS be tweaked to allow higher titlebars?

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 14, 2014 4:34:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Can SKS be tweaked to allow higher titlebars?
Basically you can make the titlebar any size you like, but too high makes the window too small when fullscreen.

January 14, 2014 5:28:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting neone6,
Basically you can make the titlebar any size you like,

Titlebar any bigger than 30 doesn't seem to allow the top left icons to be clickable. If you know why, please enlighten.

January 14, 2014 6:04:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I know why! I know why!

-

-

Microsoft...

Actually Jim, there is no real way around this issue, your titlebar setting must be set to 30 even if the image is a little taller, and you have to design you per-pixel frames and the max titlebar from around this setting. For instance, in the Integra skin I sent you to test in Windows 8, the actual image is 33 pixels tall, but I have the height in the Extra settings at 30, but stuff still works. These settings seem to impact the max titlebar more than the normals, Even with mine at 33 and the setting at 30, a screenshot of the caption shows it still at 33 pixels tall.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 15, 2014 3:21:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I see that this problem does exist anytime the caption bar is more than 30 pixels tall.

Look out Andy!!!  

January 15, 2014 7:00:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I see Neil was in the forums today, too bad he didn't stop by here.

January 16, 2014 11:39:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

January 16, 2014 1:39:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

So..... It has been discovered that Titlebars aka Captions higher than 30 pixels does not allow for the left side icons to be "Clicked"

There is only one fix for ALL TITLEBARS to work properly & that is a fix only our own Neil Banfield can provide...

PLEASE Neil Look into this PLEASE !! 

/Andy & the other WB Skinners of Wincustomize

January 17, 2014 2:47:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi there RD,

I just changed a skin here to test this and it worked just fine, I picked the skin "Modern", made his titlebar heigh with 35 pixels,

added the buttons you mentioned to Explorer, undo, redo, etc and they are all clickable in here.

Could you send me the skin via PM or mail?

Regards,

Dani

January 17, 2014 3:20:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting danioc,

Hi there RD,

I just changed a skin here to test this and it worked just fine, I picked the skin "Modern", made his titlebar heigh with 35 pixels,

added the buttons you mentioned to Explorer, undo, redo, etc and they are all clickable in here.

Could you send me the skin via PM or mail?

Regards,

Dani

But do you have them set to show above the ribbon?

January 17, 2014 3:49:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Don't worry, I got the skin you sent and I'll make sure to test it in all possible ways

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.