Clover tabs compatibility

By on January 12, 2014 5:03:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

MKANET

Join Date 07/2007
+9

I would really like to take advantage of Clover tabs in my Explorer windows; but when I install it, it blatantly adds this ugly blue WinXP titlebar to my windowblinds skin (my skin has dark glass/aero blur transparent titlebar effect).  Is compatibility with clover even a possibility; or would it involve skin images that my WB skin doesnt have?  I have this gut feeling there would be no way to do this unless WB adds this functionality AND requiring WB skins to add extra images to support this kind of feature.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 12, 2014 8:07:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Clover Tabs with Windowblinds on Win 8

I'm using Castallo by LightStar on Windows 8 without the problem you

experience (If I read your post correctly.

Is it Clover Tabs causing the problem or a Windows issue?

You don't mention which OS version you are using but if Aero is on it it has to be Vista or later.

Ian

Clover Tabs with Windowblinds on Win 8

January 12, 2014 8:54:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

EDIT:  I figured out the problem.  It looks like the latest WB is fully compatible with Clover.  I was using an older version of WB (version 7.4).

Now, it uses colors from my skin; and, even has real Aero blur effect!

January 13, 2014 12:37:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just out of curiosity, is there any way to add transparency in the tabs and other clover items?

Also, it looks like I lose the ability to add textures to Explorer backgrounds.  Can someone please confirm?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 13, 2014 1:22:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I made a .crx theme; specifically using transparent images (that's used for Clover tabs).  Unfortunately, the only effect it had was making the transparent images dark.  Im guessing there will be no transparency support in Clover until Google Chrome support transparency the same way Firefox does.  Actually, this is one of the multiple reasons I use Firefox instead of Google Chrome.

I'm guess if Clover didn't break windows explorer textured backgrounds, I'd consider using it; despite the mis-matched non-transparent images used in Clover.

January 14, 2014 6:18:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I had some luck with getting my theme to match well with Clover; even, to where I'm willing to deal with the "Missing Explorer background texture" bug.  I even added transparent background tabs (did it via a modified .crx file compatible with WinAero):

January 15, 2014 6:31:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

PS:  Back to the original issue....

Clover only looks good on the local desktop.  Below, is what it looks like via RDP session (unless Windows Aero/32bit Alphablending is turned on).  I ended up uninstalling Clover.  Im pretty sure anyone who has a theme that takes advantage of Aero would have a similar problem.  Too bad, I liked using Clover.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.