Windows 7 Display & Dreams issue

By on January 2, 2014 5:08:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

TKR99

Join Date 08/2012

New to forum so hope I'm posting in the right place.  I tried searching on this topic but couldn't pin down specific replies, so forgive me if it's already been dealt with.

I'm running Windows 7 fully updated, & have only just started a Dreams trial which i'm enjoying.  However, I've one rather major problem - if I want to revert to my desktop slideshow, & do so by right clicking & selecting Personalisation etc, the display completely collapses & I lose everything on the desktop to the point where I have to log off & on again to restore. 

I've tried to close Dreams through Task manager to no avail & can't find any other means of closing it down so that this problem doesn't occur.

Could someone perhaps outline for me if there IS a proper way to do this, or any way to perhaps prevent the problem I'm having?

Many thanks

TKR99

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 2, 2014 8:50:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, go to the question mark, top right of Deskscapes configuration window, click it, choose disable DeskScapes. Note, this option is only visible if you have a dream running.

January 5, 2014 12:49:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thought initially this hadn't worked but once I reselected the display slideshow through Personalise it finally reverted to normal.  Thanks so much for that tip - I'd missed the option when running Deskscapes.

January 5, 2014 4:58:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.