A quickie…but seven rip offs to be aware of this holiday season!
You can find details on them here: LINK.
1. Holiday shopping clubs and “bait and switch”, slow delivery, broken items. Do your research!
2. Breyers ice cream that isn’t… “Frozen Dairy Dessert”.
3. Solar panels…which are defective. Guess where they were made.
4. Special “Legendary” liquors and liqueurs… legends in bluff: Benedictine and “Legend of Kremlin”.
5. Overpayment scams: You sell something on eBay (or wherever) and the buyer pays by check for a larger sum. You are asked to send back the difference. Then you find out there were “insufficient funds” to cover the overpayment.
6. Moving company scams. The classic? Low balling which is jacked up after the move is in progress. Have detailed lists which the mover signs off on. Have detailed contents lists and pictures. There are more. Buy more insurance than you think you need.
7. “Healthy” fruit smoothies. Take a good look at the contents…and calories (can be up to 600). You’d be far better off with a glass of orange juice, or better? Peel an orange.
And, have safe, good holidays!