advice re: making vids for PC web

non professional

By on December 17, 2013 1:03:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ElanaAhova

Join Date 09/2008
+85

Beginning research into what PC resources I need to produce decent quality videos (with sound) for distribution on the web: probably YouTube and or my blogs. Also interested in doing a once a week web radio show. Any one with quality advice on what resources (software/hardware/web-ware) I might explore. Search results on the web bring back so much... and I cannot tell the chaff from the wheat. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 17, 2013 8:24:17 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

It mostly depends on the camera.

What i usually do when buying something i know little about, is i always try to by the 'mid range' priced one. It is a trick that so far in life, has never let me down. Naturally if i can afford a bit better than mid range, i will do so, but i never buy the 'most' expensive unless i really know the reasons why.

As for software, CNET downloads is very good.

December 17, 2013 11:01:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums
Yes, CNET and majorgeek are both good. BTW, I am also interested in making vids of what my PC shows, like when I am playing aPC game, or running an application.
December 17, 2013 11:27:48 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting ElanaAhova,

Yes, CNET and majorgeek are both good. BTW, I am also interested in making vids of what my PC shows, like when I am playing aPC game, or running an application.

Well i have never done that, but presumably you would use your VGA or HDMI output to the camera? HDMI preferably because VGA doesn't carry audio signal (not that you cannot use VGA with a separate audio output).

I suppose their would be programs for capturing video on the computer, but i would bet they would be sun-of-a-bitch hard to use and then you have to deal with all the different formats and programs that are not compatible,,,, aaarrrrgg, just horrible, stick with the camera!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 19, 2013 5:26:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

To make a VOD of a game on PC google: Fraps, Camtasia and Bandicam.  Read the descriptions and critics.  Some of them have versions you can try before you buy.  Fraps is very hard on your system resources.  

Everyone likes what they use best.  Be smart.  Do the research.

I chose Bandicam because it created files that were really small compared to Fraps.  It also seemed to be less of a resource hog.

backs out of the room slowly...  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.