Big problems in iconpackager

By on December 10, 2013 10:56:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

thuglifesenior

Join Date 02/2008
+5

everytime I apply a iconpackage via the IP Icon in the folder into iconpacker or by adding from disk or downloading via wincustomise...it sometimes shows in iconpackager...but most times not, sometimes it does and when I apply it, it applies but disappears from iconpackager when reopened....I have tried uninstalling and re-installing iconpackager, cleaning afterwards with ccleaner and no luck....deleting the icon packages from folder, moving them somewhere else and then re-installing them, still no luck.....I have tried everything....I am running Mac bootcamp windows 7....can anybody please help me with this problem...I am at my wits end....thanking you in advance....thuglifesenior

16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 10, 2013 11:58:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

First, unzip the download. Then move the whole folder to Public Documents/Stardock/IconPackager. (or unzip to that location). Then from within the IP Main UI, do the add package from disk thing. IIRC, that has worked for me. If you just add it from wherever you downloaded to, or extracted to otherwise, you will have those issues you mentioned with some packages.

If that doesn't work, you might try PM'ing Ace Matrix. He is familiar with the problem. (and a mighty fine icon artist too)

EDIT: I just tried it with Metal Storm, and this method is what works for me on XP and Win7. Not too sure about when running Bootcamp.

December 10, 2013 12:10:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

thanks for the answer wizard but I have done this and the same thing keeps happening...it does not show up or it shows up and then disappears when I reopen Iconpackager...I will take your advice an P/M ace matrix an see what he has to say...thank you very much for your quick reply...thank you

December 10, 2013 12:20:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think you can also just double click on the .iconpackage file within the folder, as opposed to installing from disk but the important thing is to have the folder in Public Documents/Stardock/IconPackager first.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 10, 2013 12:22:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You're welcome, sorry it isn't working for you. Good luck and Happy Holidays.

December 10, 2013 12:29:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I wondering since this procedure worked for me if your problem might be because of bootcamp.   

December 10, 2013 12:53:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hiya Philly I am up at my Dad's place an we are trying to sort this problem out....do you know the specifics of why it doesn't work in bootcamp, is it a fixable problem...by the way how are you...its good to be talking to you again...long time no see....thanks for the help....The Thugster Junior [e digicons]:')[/e]

December 10, 2013 1:02:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi, I can't speak from experience because I don't use bootcamp, I just thought it might be the problem.  Hopefully someone else will come along that can confirm or not if it is.

You may want to email support and see if they now if bootcamp causes problems for Icon Packager.

The other thing that has been mentioned before is that Icon Packager is in need of an update.

December 10, 2013 1:39:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Wizard1956's method works for me.      Just reporting. 

December 10, 2013 2:25:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hiya I seemed to have rectified the problem, we had tried Wizards method before an it didn't work...now it is working....go figure....technology at its best...thanking you all for the quick responses and help....respect to all...thank you...the Thugster Senior

December 10, 2013 2:53:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

December 10, 2013 3:17:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just logged on and saw the post. I'm glad that you got the issue resolved.       -- Ace --

December 10, 2013 8:54:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I got here to late. Glad you got it fixed.

Note: Been running bootcamp (Win 7) for years, with no problems. Had me worried for a sec.

Oh, and I've been gone for almost 3 years. It's good to be back!

December 10, 2013 9:39:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Z71,
It's good to be back

Wow, another blast from the past! Welcome back to the funny farm!

December 10, 2013 10:01:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

Quoting Z71, reply 12It's good to be back

Wow, another blast from the past! Welcome back to the funny farm!

Ditto!

December 11, 2013 12:55:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The greats are coming home.

April 2, 2014 11:14:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm having the same problem on Win 8.1....?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0003516   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.