Fences v2.12 update is available now!

By on December 4, 2013 1:22:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+613

Today we released a Fences v2.12 update which includes an assortment of performance enhancements and fixes.

• You can now choose between rounded and 90 degree corner edges for your fences to better match your PC theme.
  • Touch features have been re-enabled to help you navigate between desktop pages and move icons into fences on your touch screen display.

You can view the entire changelog here.

Fences is available to try as a free 30-day trial

Current Fences owners should open their Object Desktop Manager application or visit their Stardock account to download the v2.12 update.

To learn more about Fences visit http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/

Pinned Post 19 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 4, 2013 1:34:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Fences update not showing for me in ODM, and the Start8 update locks up.

EDIT, apparently, as a subscriber, I had already gotten the fences update.

December 7, 2013 7:24:25 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I installed this update, and it breaks everything. Fences desktop and icons do not even show, and my computer is suddenly terribly slow to boot.

I am going back to the previous version.

December 29, 2013 2:51:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

After I updated to this version,  I can't move the icons in desktop sometime. However, if I restart my computer, it is ok.

This will not happen in 2.11.

PS: Windows 8.1 x64

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 30, 2013 7:28:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting 412070391,

After I updated to this version,  I can't move the icons in desktop sometime. However, if I restart my computer, it is ok.

This will not happen in 2.11.

PS: Windows 8.1 x64

This should not be an issue with 2.12 in Win 8.1. Does anything seem to trigger it or does it just happen after a while? When you attempt to drag, do you see the circle with the line through it to indicate you can't move the icon?

January 22, 2014 2:26:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am having a problem under Windows 8.1 where the icons do not move with the fences.  This problem seams to appear randomly.  It may be related to playing a fullscreen game and then returning back to the desktop.  When the fences leave the icons behind they are also not visible on the desktop.  fences are acting like a portal to another world...through the looking glass indeed.

I think this is related to the desktop pages feature.  Even though I have always had this feature disabled, when I have the problem I can click the Enabled checmark and then click it again to disable it and fences start behaving correctly again.

I am using 3 monitors on an nvidia card with a 4th on a second video card. 

Windows 8.1 with 8G of ram, quad core intel sandy bridge

screen rez is 2560x1600 with two 1600x1200 monitors on each side turned 90 degrees (commonly called a PLP setup)

4th monitor is a small display in normal Landscape video mode on a second vid card.  no fences located on it.

Fences release 2.12

January 22, 2014 8:12:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Try pressing ctrl+shift+esc and then on the 'Processes' tab, locate 'Windows Explorer' and then right click on it and choose 'Restart'. Does the issue persist?

February 7, 2014 10:36:06 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

When the fences can support simple chinese language? or program should not change the system menu description, for example:  the right mouse click menu "Sort by", I wish still the origion description "排序方式"

February 13, 2014 8:07:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I tried to restart windows explorer and the issues still persist. I just recently updated to windows 8.1 and I haven't been able to move my Icons since.

February 14, 2014 7:57:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting julian0493,

I tried to restart windows explorer and the issues still persist. I just recently updated to windows 8.1 and I haven't been able to move my Icons since.

You are seeing this happen even with Fences 2.12 installed? If you do not have that version installed, please install it and see if the issue persists: https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

April 8, 2014 9:22:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

edit: oops double post

April 8, 2014 9:24:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am also experiencing problems. I have Win8.1 x64 Fences 2.12 and I am unable to move any icons on the desktop. I can create a fence when I drag select icons, but I can't move them around (whether they're in or out of a fence, it doesn't matter; no control). I've checked the align to grid and auto arrange settings to make sure they were unchecked, but it doesn't help. Problem persists between reboots and even when restarting the explorer via task manager.

Any other ideas? Or is there a patch in the works? I don't mind installing a beta/test build to see if it fixes the problem. 

Anyway. I very much like the product! I bought the upgrade right when it was announced because I wanted to support further development of such a useful tool.

Thanks again!

April 9, 2014 10:09:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

For the most part, this issue should be resolved with the current build. Unfortunately, at this time we do not have a beta build available. This is something we will want to look into further.

Please download and run the following utility:

http://sd.stardock.com/SDSupportTool.exe

This is a tool that we use to gather relevant log files and basic information about your computer. Once the utility finishes running, please create a support ticket here Include the .zip file it creates on the desktop.

Thank you.

July 1, 2014 3:25:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hello,

what is the changelog for fences v2.13 ?

thanks

August 11, 2014 12:52:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just uninstalled 2.12 and installed 2.13.

One of two problems is resolved by the update (or possibly just from uninstalling and reinstalling...).  The other problem was a config setting that changed for some reason so effectively both problems seem to be resolved for now.

August 11, 2014 1:04:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting stardock28956,

so effectively both problems seem to be resolved for now.

August 11, 2014 1:05:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well, nevermind my last post.  It seems that when I get it working for one user, the other user account breaks.  

Now I can't drag icons into a fence on Account#2.  

edit: Account#2 is now working properly again after 2 reboots.  

September 8, 2014 1:35:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What exactly is "SAS trial/activation binaries" and what does it do for us?

Thanks in advance!

September 8, 2014 3:13:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It's just an update to our activation system.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002734   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.