For those that missed it today on TV, Dr Who Day Of The Doctor in theatres Monday 11/25/13

By on November 24, 2013 2:45:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

tjashen

Join Date 03/2009
+50

Saturday was the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who, and a movie/special was made to commemorate the event, which has already aired on the BBC worldwide.  It also appeared in limited release in a few theatres as well.

HOWEVER, if you missed it and/or would like to see it on the big screen in 3D, it will appear on multiple screens here in the US (dunno about other countries) on Monday (November 25th).

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/doctor-who-the-day-of-the-doctor/buy

http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/guide/50th-specials/the-day-of-the-doctor/

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 24, 2013 4:30:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It was awesome!

November 24, 2013 5:33:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bit of a circle jerk but I liked how they had two stories intervowen throughout the narrative. Also,

the timelords seemed to be just the good guys now, as opposed to the "just as bad as the Daleks" narrative from before. I mean, it's not as if the universe should be happy that Gallifrey is back in play.

Oh well, at least it was finally established why there are so many Daleks running around the universe after they were supposedly all deleted..

Oh, and this is by far the largest retcon I have ever seen in any medium ever.

November 24, 2013 9:46:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I wasn't able to view the special, or any recent dr who as I don't have cable or dish. Seems no legal way to see current bbc content over the web. (sad) [if there is, i missed it in my searching.) Will go to theater to see 50th year special(YEA).

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 24, 2013 11:29:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I've been around long enough to have seen every season of Dr Who on the TeeV since it started...

Daleks were always my favourite...

November 26, 2013 2:29:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't often check these forums.  But, I was lucky, and checked this forum yesterday and saw this. Thanks. I'm surprised I didn't see it on RottenTomatoes.  In any case, thanks very much for telling me about it.  And, just in time, as I saw the post yesterday.

I live in Houston, it was playing about about 6 theaters, with many sell-outs!  I was surprised.  The theater I was at added a second screen and both sold out.

I started watching in the 80's, on the local PBS.  They played all of the known surviving episodes of Hartnell and Troughton.  Some of those episodes are lost, but I heard just a month or so ago that some (not all) of the lost episodes have been found.  They also played Pertwee, Tom Baker (of course), Davidson, Colin Baker and McCoy. I know I missed on a rare occasion. But, I think I watched at least pretty close to every week. So, I've seen very nearly all episodes, not counting the lost episodes.

It was a lively crowd with cheering when old favorites got some screen time.

Thanks for the notice, it was awesome!

November 26, 2013 4:26:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting caseagainstfaith,
So, I've seen very nearly all episodes, not counting the lost episodes.

I saw those before they were lost...

Many of the missing ones were found in the ABC studios in Australia.

Now if only someone could find the missing Eps of Callan ....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.