Stardock Celebrates the 15th Anniversary of its WindowBlinds Desktop Customization Software

User base continues to expand with over 19 million worldwide downloads

By on November 20, 2013 12:43:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+574

PLYMOUTH, MI - Nov. 20, 2013 - Stardock announced today the 15th anniversary of its innovative WindowBlinds desktop customization application. WindowBlinds is the original Windows user-interface theming application to enable users to customize their PCs with themes called skins. WindowBlinds has been downloaded by customers over 19 million times.

The popularity of WindowBlinds continues well into the app's second decade. The current 8.0 version, released in June 2013, sees over 5,000 downloads per month. Today, there are thousands of incredible WindowBlinds skins available for download at Stardock’s community site Wincustomize.com

"I am very proud of the longevity of WindowBlinds and the enthusiasm of the skinning community we built along the way. As Microsoft evolves the Windows interface, WindowBlinds is always there with new customization options for our users," said Brad Wardell, CEO at Stardock.  "Not only popular with consumers, brands from Nvidia to Nintendo and XBOX have also licensed WindowBlinds technology for marketing and branding opportunities over the years."

WindowBlinds may be purchased standalone or as part of Stardock’s Object Desktop suite. WindowBlinds supports Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 and is available for download now at: http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds

Screenshots:

_Moto_ skin with Start8
Persium skin with Start8
Echo skin
Lantana skin

About Stardock

Stardock is celebrating its 20th anniversary as a leading developer and publisher of desktop software and PC games. Its desktop software includes Start8, ModernMix, Decor8, WindowBlinds, Fences and more. Visit www.stardock.com for details.       

Trademarks

Stardock and Start8 are registered trademarks of Stardock and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

###

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 20, 2013 3:15:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Congratulations on 15 years SD. 

November 20, 2013 4:58:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

November 24, 2013 12:46:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Perhaps Stardock should come out with a new 15 Year Anniversary skin as a gift for their many loyal customers? I'm sure long time subscribers, many of whom are members of WinCustomize, would appreciate such a gesture. I know they used to have giveaways such as that over the years but not for a long time now. Just my two cents worth.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 24, 2013 8:24:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Modern may be that skin. 

November 25, 2013 4:42:39 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

A remarkable achievement. Well done to Brad and the team, surviving the dot-com bust and the global economic melt-down and still going great guns is an impressive feat.

December 11, 2013 11:53:06 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ive been using windowblinds for a few months, i use the echo skin and i could see the date and time displayed on the taskbar , im sure i may have set it to show both but today i only have the time showing, i have tried for ages to work out how to show both but i cant see a setting and nothing in the skin editor.

any help appreciated

i kind of realize this is in the wrong thread so i apologize ,if the mods wish to move it thats fine.

congrats on the 15 years nevertheless.

December 11, 2013 1:22:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Great job on the 15 years. It's almost a lifetime in this day and age for customization. 

To think, I was only 54 when WindowBlinds was born.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.