Remove the activation limits!

By on November 20, 2013 9:08:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

doctorx

Join Date 10/2001
+2

I have been a customer for 10 years.  Not once have I had to go through this.  Do not give me the excuse to curb piracy, because I have spent way too much money with you over the years and I have never given out my key.  I have recommended  your products for years, but I may have to change.  This is very anticustomer! At a minimum, there should be like 10 activations/mo.  Then after 30 days, they get reset, or each activation gets reset automatically after 30 days.  I just recently rebuilt my pc and had to do it several times (stupid windows 8.1). I also removed to try classic shell and went back to start8 because it was superior.  Now I am treated like a pirate.  This forum seems to be half posts of "reset my activations". Something needs to be changed. 

I hope the powers that be read this and make changes.   There are better ways to curb piracy than activation BS. All it does is piss off your most loyal fans. If someone wants to contact me for an honest discussion, by all means do.  

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 20, 2013 9:35:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sorry for the trouble. Your ticket has been replied to. We are looking at making the activation process more friendly for re-activations on the same machine.

November 20, 2013 10:24:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes, you did. However the response of read the EULA is unacceptable.  I use VMs for my testing of windows 8/8.1.  I will build them and blow them away on a regular basis.  Each VM will have its own machine id.  

November 20, 2013 11:08:47 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

after the going back and forth with support and they are refusing to fix the activation issue.  I have removed all stardock products and will not renew my objectdock subscription.  They said i put it on too many computers. I did not know i had to have another object dock for each computer ($200 total).  But since the attitude is i am a pirate and the fact i have been buying object dock since 2003 means nothing.  Why the hell would i pirate something i paid for?  

Your customer service sucks and I am no longer a customer. Good bye.  You lost an advocate.  Stardock joins Sony and Ubisoft as blacklisted and I will make sure to tell eveyone how bad Stardock has become.

Thanks for nothing

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 20, 2013 11:18:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You would not need to purchase a new sub for every unique install, just the individual products you use on them.  No one considers you a pirate and we do appreciate your business.  We do, however, have a duty to make sure we are properly compensated for the use of our products. 

That said, I do apologize that this has caused you some frustration.  I have reset your activations.

November 26, 2013 6:50:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

My wife thinks I may have overreacted a bit.  Since you did reset my activations, it shows you are trying within your limits. She thinks I should give you guys another chance... and i think she is right.  I took exception to the implications and it rubbed me the wrong way.

I will reinstall everything again.  

Please put forward the idea of a family license though and maybe a power user license.  I think that would help things.  

Thank you for your patience and I am back as a customer for now.  
November 26, 2013 6:55:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting doctorx,
My wife thinks I may have overreacted a bit. Since you did reset my activations, it shows you are trying within your limits. She thinks I should give you guys another chance... and i think she is right. I took exception to the implications and it rubbed me the wrong way.

Good to see you back with us....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.