Iconpackager Folder Icons

By on November 5, 2013 12:31:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

GreyMack

Join Date 08/2002

Hi Folks

I'm hoping you can help with a small issue i'm having with Iconpackager.

I have downloaded the free trial as i was keen to change the look of my bland and yellow windows 7 folder icons.

I had found these create black folder icons by Drawder Corzo on deviant art so downloaded them. Within the file is a very helpful readme explaining how to apply the icons, mainly he said use iconpackager and it's easy. And so it seemed at first but here i am on day two and half of them have disappeared and are back to the default yellow. If i change the view of the icons from say detailed to tiles they maybe start black and change to yellow...but not them all. It's makes no sense as it's the same icon for all the folders but it just won't stick.

Is it because i'm on the free trial?

Anyone any thoughts, it would be most appreciated.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 5, 2013 4:22:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Does the package you applied have "live" folders? If not, that may be the problem. 

I have abandoned Icon Packager as it has too many bugs.

November 5, 2013 4:38:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi

Appreciate the reply

I'm not sure if the problem is with live folders TBH as its so random for example I replaced the folder icons with folders from one of the example sets and all the folders appeared to work but then i would open a folder within a folder and find that the folder in there was still yellow. Next lets say i was burning a CD, when i go to select the file all the folders appear the standard yellow again in the browser window.

Totally exasperated with it, I'm on the free trial but no way am i going to purchase this if it can't do a simple task like change the default folder icon.

November 19, 2013 3:04:05 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks.I have the same question.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 19, 2013 3:40:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Go into settings and click on rebuild icon cache

Has worked for me

Cheers

Macca

November 19, 2013 4:18:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The problem has been known for years and is related to the Live Folders. On a support request you get only the answer: "The problem is known, we will inform you on a solution." The only question is when.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000938   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.