Fences 2.12 Beta Available

By on November 1, 2013 2:02:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+604

The Fences 2.12 Beta is now available for current customers and subscribers to Object Desktop.

This beta brings various fixes and improvements:

• Fixed issue with config UI blanking out
  • Fixed issue with Fences not showing on desktop when they existed offscreen, out of the screen resolution
  • Fixed issue with new files defaulting to the second monitor
  • Fixed issue with the show desktop button in Windows when an active modal window was displaying in Fences
  • Fixed issue with being unable to drag desktop pages when the taskbar was on the left or right
  • Fixed issue with excluding icons from quickhide (like .website)
  • Fixed issue when folder portal opacity was set to 0%
  • Fixed where rules weren't sticking if assigned through right-click/...
  • Removed Fences as a Control Panel item (kept causing problems)

Users can update from their Stardock account or via the Object Desktop Manager.

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 2, 2013 10:54:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I do not see where I can update from my account. The link on the last sentence doesn't have a download link.

November 2, 2013 11:13:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

On your Stardock Downloads page under Object Desktop Manager you will see a little plus sign. Click the plus sign and it will show you all your downloads.

November 2, 2013 11:55:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

thanks

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 2, 2013 12:14:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Don't forget to login.

November 6, 2013 8:34:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I installed the the Fences 2.12 Beta.  It has the same problem I reported on V2.11, it causes Fences 2.12 continues to crash the Windows explorer shell every few minutes, even when I don’t do anything with Windows.  On V2.11 you had me move large folders off of the desktop to correct the problem.  I have no large folders on the desktop & v2.11 is running fine, but V2.12 crashes removed & reinstalled V2.11 all OK.  Note: You may find the previous problem under cavinlang@comcast.net apparently I have 2 accounts here....

cavinlang@gmail.com

November 13, 2013 5:26:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am afraid, Fences 2.12 is still not Windows 8/8.1 compatible. "compatible" means more than just "runs on ...". My issues have been mentioned on this forum already months ago:

• Still Win 7 visual appearence (e.g. round corners)
  • Still cannot use multiple pages with a touch device (no middle mouse key, no alt key on screen keyboard, conflict with charms and start on right and left screen edge)

We are talking about a commercial product, not freeware, aren't we?

November 19, 2013 3:24:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

For some reason, Fences updated fine to 2.12, but I got a Problem Code 9 in Stardock Central doing it - what was that all about?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000546   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.