Odd Trial Behavior

By on October 31, 2013 6:42:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Bartmole

Join Date 07/2009

I have downloaded WindowBlinds from the Stardock site 3 times now to a clean image each time so no remnants remained and first, the trial stays at 30 days and has for days; does the trial just end with no warning? There are also themes that will not download, I am using Azurlight by bleumart but any others by him will not download, also a few by LightStar and, unbelievably, those mostly red like Hi Klass Special Edition. The only options I get are open with Winrar archiver, open with Internet Explorer or Browse but even going to C>Windowblinds does nothing. I also don't seem to be able to edit, all that option does is take me to the program download page at Stardock, I assume edit is tied to purchase, is that correct?. Not exactly a WindowBlinds issue but there are 561 pages of themes at WinCustomize that can only be fast forwarded through one at a time, am I missing seeing something, thankyou   Edit: Windows 7 64, Windowblinds 8.01

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 31, 2013 7:41:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Bartmole...

The Windowblinds trial is limited to 30 days.  Deleting and re-installing will not extend the time [however it may confuse the displayed time].. it will be 30 days from the first install/trial.

Once the program trial has ended the system will not recognize a Windowblind download as a wba file but more likely as a standard archive file accessible via an associated program such as winrar.

Correct and full functionality is available via subsequent product purchase...

November 1, 2013 12:08:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thankyou for the response, the trial has been on the computer (all 3 trials) for about a week but still shows 30 days left, should it not count down to expiration. Also, downloading and installing most themes works fine but some will not download (all free). Why would one by the same designer install but no other by him? 

November 1, 2013 5:11:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There are also themes that will not download, I am using Azurlight by bleumart but any others by him will not download, also a few by LightStar and, unbelievably, those mostly red like Hi Klass Special Edition. The only options I get are open with Winrar archiver, open with Internet Explorer or Browse

It could be that those skins are actually in zipped folders because they are bundled with other components (walls, etc)?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 1, 2013 12:43:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you very much 2of3, that was it.

November 1, 2013 12:59:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

All is great here, this thread can be closed, thanks again.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001062   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.