Resolutions: 2560x1080 etc

ASUS MX299Q 29" IPS (Example)

By on October 28, 2013 11:02:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums External Link

Wrathier

Join Date 11/2007

Hi all,

I have a perfectly fine Asus 3D monitor in 1080P 120 hz etc, but I am thinking of buying one of those IPS's panels everyone talks so highly about though they only run @ 60 Mhz.

Can someone be kind and update there dreams to support that resolution. - A .dream like Asteroids by Master Baron would look pretty sweet with true 8-bit colors and a wide cinema display.

Well I hope others will support this thread, as 2560x1080 and 2560x1440 etc is getting more and more common and I really believe that some of the dreams would look much better on a Cinema Wide IPS's panel compared to what they do on my TN panel.

Personally I use the following for my display right now Windows 8 PRO:

InsidiOS by ChaNinja

Strut SpyBot by Chaninja

I prefer to add Red Colours only filter when I run my monitor in Scenery/Theater mode it just looks a lot darker somehow. Really smooth.

However, now we have 120Mhz displays, the 30 FPS the animated wallpaper is rendered in just does not feel like enough.

So even that the dreams would be pretty huge and resource demanding, many people do have a pretty decent CPU like I5 - I7 Quad-Cores etc with decent graphic card(s). Why else buy a good monitor for games if you cannot use it for games or work.

Laptops has also introduced really high resolutions and it would be awesome I think for many of those expensive laptops users also got animated wallpaper in the correct resolutions.

As said I hope for support for this thread and that our wonderful creators will look into my request.

//Wrathier

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 27, 2014 9:00:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My resolution is 1600x900 and even with that, I notice most of the dreams are blurred.. Kinda wish I hadn't paid for this program now...

April 27, 2014 9:30:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My laptop's resolution is also 1600x900 and I've run several dreams with out any problems at all. Best you look to your graphics card and see if the driver is updated.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000641   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.