Stardock’s Launch8 makes the Start screen more useful

By on October 25, 2013 1:32:58 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1115

Stardock’s Launch8 is a program that should, imo, have been part of Windows 8 in the first place.  On every other mobile device you have some sort of persistent quick launch bar that makes it easy to get to the things you use all the time.

Not only does Launch8 had this persistent, easy to use launcher to the bottom of the Windows 8 Start screen, it integrates the usability features first introduced into Windows 7 such as Jump-lists (Which should matter more than ever on a touch device!).

Launch8, like Start8, ModernMix, Decor8, WindowBlinds, Fences, etc. are all part of Stardock’s premiere desktop enhancement suite, Object Desktop.

To learn more about Launch8 go to www.stardock.com/products/launch8

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 25, 2013 5:12:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

personally i would need more padding between the icons, would i want to use this on 10 inch or smaller touch screen.

the jumplist menus look unusable (and i have small fingers). makes me guess you Surface users use the stylus or a mouse most of the time.

i like the idea, but to be honest this looks a little premature. a method to "lock" one or more columns or rows would be way nicer.

October 26, 2013 9:34:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

On Win8 I saw that you can remove tiles from the start page. Put the ones in Launch 8 that you want and delete those tiles keeping only the ones not in the launcher.

October 26, 2013 11:32:10 AM from Little Tiny Frogs Forums Little Tiny Frogs Forums

That's a good point.  You could use launch8 as your main launcher and the start screen for overflow.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 28, 2013 5:35:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Will Launch8 be able to use other than the standard app icons in further versions ? I have not been able to change any icons in there.

Other than that I like it on my Asus VivoTab.

October 28, 2013 6:47:19 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting c242,

Will Launch8 be able to use other than the standard app icons in further versions ? I have not been able to change any icons in there.

Probably. Depends on sales.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.