Auto-updating folder portals via command-line

Also refresh required when updating

By on October 22, 2013 1:03:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Qb_Master

Join Date 12/2009

Hey there, I'm a long-time user of Stardock programs. I am currently using Fences 2.11 (Windows 7 Professional). I am a paying customer .

1st question: I have several folder portals on my desktop that I require to update their destinations regularly (for data-sorting purposes.) I was hoping that there's some command-line argument I could pass to Fences, or some other means, to automatically update these folder portals using scripting. However, this does not seem to be the case. To the developers: Do you think you can add a feature which allows folder portal destinations to be passed to Fences via command-line or other means? (Or is there already a way built in to do this that I'm unaware of?)

2nd question: Since I couldn't find a way to do this through Fences itself, I've managed to work-around it by mapping the folder I want the folder portal to be as a drive letter (let's say X:). When I want the folder portal to change to a new folder's contents, I run a batch file which changes the drive mapping for X: -- this works, however the folder portals don't always automatically update on their own. At this I have to click refresh, and the folder portal updates. However, I have several of these on my desktop. In the next version, could there be a way to make folder refreshes more consistent when the contents of the folder/mapping change?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 22, 2013 1:08:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

^ Or a way to force a refresh via passing a command-line argument to Fences

November 14, 2013 6:06:42 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I need this too urgently!!!! This is a must have feature...

Folder portals is such a killer feature. However, you cannot really organize the desktop, it's becoming full of folder portals!

Switching between various folders assigned into just one fence via a command line script would be VERY VERY helpful!

So could you please add such a command line option?

Thanking you in advance

Dimitris

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.