Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Auto-updating folder portals via command-line

Also refresh required when updating

By on October 22, 2013 1:03:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Qb_Master

Join Date 12/2009

Hey there, I'm a long-time user of Stardock programs. I am currently using Fences 2.11 (Windows 7 Professional). I am a paying customer .

1st question: I have several folder portals on my desktop that I require to update their destinations regularly (for data-sorting purposes.) I was hoping that there's some command-line argument I could pass to Fences, or some other means, to automatically update these folder portals using scripting. However, this does not seem to be the case. To the developers: Do you think you can add a feature which allows folder portal destinations to be passed to Fences via command-line or other means? (Or is there already a way built in to do this that I'm unaware of?)

2nd question: Since I couldn't find a way to do this through Fences itself, I've managed to work-around it by mapping the folder I want the folder portal to be as a drive letter (let's say X:). When I want the folder portal to change to a new folder's contents, I run a batch file which changes the drive mapping for X: -- this works, however the folder portals don't always automatically update on their own. At this I have to click refresh, and the folder portal updates. However, I have several of these on my desktop. In the next version, could there be a way to make folder refreshes more consistent when the contents of the folder/mapping change?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 22, 2013 1:08:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

^ Or a way to force a refresh via passing a command-line argument to Fences

November 14, 2013 6:06:42 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I need this too urgently!!!! This is a must have feature...

Folder portals is such a killer feature. However, you cannot really organize the desktop, it's becoming full of folder portals!

Switching between various folders assigned into just one fence via a command line script would be VERY VERY helpful!

So could you please add such a command line option?

Thanking you in advance

Dimitris

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.