Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Deskscapes SDK Development Question

Device SDK

By on October 19, 2013 7:10:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

TwoWolves

Join Date 11/2006
+4

Hi,

I was looking at the sample plugin in the DS3SDK example and documentation. These all reference a LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 device.

Does the current version of deskscapes still use a DX9 device and pipeline or does it now use a later version of the DirectX SDK?

The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to use a DX11 device (11.1 if possible) - is that possible with Deskscapes?

Thanks.

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 21, 2013 7:54:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The interface is actually a LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9EX on Windows Vista/7/8 as DeskScapes uses DirectX9Ex on those OSes.

We do not allow DirectX 10 or 11 as they would be incompatible with the effects which are designed to use DirectX9/9EX.

October 22, 2013 12:06:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Neil,

DirectX10 was introduced in November 2006, is Deskscapes looking at an end-of-life path or do you have an eventual upgrade in mind?

I have found an article on MSDN on surface sharing (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee913554%28v=vs.85%29.aspx) so I'll experiment with that for now and see how I get on.

Regards.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.