System Tray Icons

Resolution, or Icon Replacement

By on October 12, 2013 3:21:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

IconPhil

Join Date 10/2013

Is there anyway to get a decent looking icon resolution for system tray icons?

Snce Windows systme tray icons are kept at 16x16 pixels the Tabbed Dock minimum resolution of 32*32 makes them look blurry and pixelated. 

I just bnough the dock for 9.99 with the idea that this wuld be a feature in the paid version, but I can;t seem to find it anywherre. 

If the size can't be reduced is there any way to set custom icons so at least it does not look as hideous?  

I'm talking about the system tray cions, not the other dock icons. Just the system tray, the icons next to the clock in the Windows task bar.   Those are defaulted to 16x16. And Blurr horribly at anything over 16x16

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 12, 2013 9:53:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, if memory serves me, as I don't use  OD any more, either l or  r-click and hold on the icon you wish to change and you will get a menu that allows you to replace the pixelated one with a better one. Check the WCgallery for some fine replacements.

October 12, 2013 11:06:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That works for the reglar Dock icons.  but the System Tray icons in a dock Tab cannot be changed like that.  If you right click on them you get the icons own Context Menu.  I have found no way to change the system tray ions. Again this is not for the regular Application or task bar icons, this is for he System Tray icons in a System Tray Tab.

By the way, the System Tray tab now is giving me an error StardockTray64.dll cannot be found, so its not even loading the System Tray.

October 13, 2013 2:47:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting IconPhil,
System Tray icons in a dock Tab cannot be changed like that.

Should you be able to get the systray back, try holding down the [Control] key while left-clicking on the systray dock icon to change it.

Sorry but I have no idea regarding the StardockTray64.dll error.  You can submit a ticket to Stardock Support here

http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?

They are open Monday through Friday.  You should receive an automated response immediately.  In the meantime of course someone may have input here.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.