Object Desktop Question about EULA and Subscription

By on October 4, 2013 7:21:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

BIF

Join Date 09/2008
+1

Hello!

I am currently trialing Fences and Windowblinds on my Windows 8 Pro desktop, and have decided that I like them both.  I would like to use them on the desktop and on a Windows 8 laptop and possibly for a new single-user server using either Windows 8 or (if I can scrounge up the money) Server 2012. 

I do not want to use the Object Desktop applets/tools on only one computer, so my cost-benefit decision will be based on the total price for all of my systems.

For both current systems I am the sole user, and if the third system is added, I would be the sole user for that too (I want to use it to teach myself system administration, security, rolling out new patches/maintenance, and development of databases and applications).

How many subscriptions would I need to run Object Desktop on three computers that I own? 

If at some point I decide to add a fourth (it would be a touch-based laptop, also for development or maybe artwork) Windows 8 system, would that complicate matters?

Where is the full EULA so that I can do my homework before making a purchase?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 4, 2013 7:34:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Where is the full EULA so that I can do my homework before making a purchase?

Here - http://www.stardock.com/support/software_eula.aspx

I would suggest contacting sales@stardock.com and see what can be arranged.

Note: It is the weekend so you may need to wait until Monday for a reply.

October 4, 2013 7:44:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Very good and thank you for the quick reply.  I shall contact them next week.

And thank you too for the link to the EULA.  I shall sit down with it and a cup of coffee this weekend.  It will make a good reason to procrastinate on the yardwork! 

October 11, 2013 1:30:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

UPDATE:

I just got a response back from sales about my query.

They directed me to the EULA, which I had already read and referred to in this forum thread and in my ticket.  I am immediately disappointed when it seems like the most important part of my question was not received...specifically that the EULA does not spell this out and that was why I was asking the question. 

Well, my disappointment was not to go away anytime soon.  The response went on to say that a multi-PC arrangement is not available and so I would need a full license for each computer.

I responded to them to say that $150 is a bit rich for me at this time.  Changing one's UI like this is best done either for all systems you use or for none, so I have decided to remove Fences and Windowblinds from my workstation and to not install any of the Stardock utilities on any of my systems.  Not even the trial editions...because really, how can I consider even that?

I'm sorry we can't come to an agreeable arrangement; this would have been wonderful to have.  

I can only hope that Stardock will reconsider their pricing model and will someday provide for multi-PC licenses.  And that I'll hear about it somehow. 

Have a great day and a nice weekend.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.