Start8 Issue

User Icon

By on October 3, 2013 10:16:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

RedneckDude

Join Date 04/2009
+1432

Guys, if I configure Start8 to NOT show the user picture, I get the result on the right. If I have it show the user picture, I get the result on the left.

This skin, as with many others, is made without the user picture. Is this the expected behaviour?

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 3, 2013 10:37:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Start8 shouldn't make the places list move up when that box is checked/unchecked.

October 4, 2013 7:35:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am afraid Start8 does not know about the setting in WB skins for hiding that and so it has to make the margin adjustments it does when you set Start8 to hide that as that's the correct action for almost every case.

You can use one or the other but not both settings to hide it.  In this case I recommend just setting it so Start8 is not making it vanish as then WB will handle it on its own.

October 4, 2013 11:03:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I can do that, but it would be nice if we didn't have to make that adjustment every time we change a windowblind.

Thanks for the response. Maybe a future release will address this?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 4, 2013 6:50:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It would be better to remove this setting from Start8 completely and have it controlled by Windowblinds only IMO. Of course then you'd have to deal with Start8 users who don't use WB complaining, but which is your larger audience, Start8 or Windowblinds?  Also, what happens to a skin that is set to use the user pic in WB, will it turn off if Start8 is set to not show it?

I blame Microsoft for all this crap!

October 4, 2013 10:03:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,
Also, what happens to a skin that is set to use the user pic in WB, will it turn off if Start8 is set to not show it?

It shows it anyway, AND moves the places list up as well, so the top entry is under the user pic, in most cases.

October 5, 2013 11:34:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

October 7, 2013 12:37:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.