[WB 8.01] How do I change the Windows Explorer background

By on September 28, 2013 10:12:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Borg999

Join Date 02/2006
+34

Most of the styles I've downloaded have the Windows explorer background set as transparent.

I would like to change them to solid. 

I've tried to alter transparency in the colors section, but that has no effect on Windows explorer.

(I'm referring to the main window of Explorer that list your folders, not the bar at top)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87241447/explorer.jpg

This is very frustrating. Please help.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 28, 2013 11:10:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If the Windowblind you downloaded has explorer background transparency built into it, I don't think you can do anything about that other than to apply a color or texture.

You can adjust opacity, but the results aren't optimal.

September 29, 2013 9:40:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That is really odd Borg999, because very few skinners use transparency in that area. Could you give me the names of some of the skins you are using please?  Are there any skins you tried that do not have this issue? Also, what version of Windows are you using, 7 or 8? (Oops, never mind that, I see you are using Windows 7 by the screenshot).

September 29, 2013 10:41:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hey there ... take a look at the screenshot of reply 1# by RND
Do you see the reset opacity levels button ?

If not open windowblinds press the button background now below that button klick explorer background
now you should see the same as in reply1# 
press reset opacity level
press apply style and you should be good 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 29, 2013 11:19:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks everyone for your help!. I adjusted the opacity in the Explorer background for one of the styles and that worked.

It was my fault for not looking more closely in the background tab...as I though that section was strictly used to change the desktop image.

LightStar, to answer your question. Here are the names of some styles that have transparent Explorer windows by default:

Azur lite, Blue eyed, Echo, Kahlua, Diamond, Corporate, Laguna, Lantana, Matinee 7, Midland, Precision, Prelude, Slow Burn.

Again, thanks Everyone  for your patience in answering my questions!

September 29, 2013 1:28:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yep, it definitely is something on your system or configuration Borg999 as I loaded several of them and the explorer backgrounds are not transparent at all. Glad you sorted it out.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000079   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.