Mod, Please close this thread.

By on September 24, 2013 9:05:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

stardockuser6

Join Date 09/2010

I decided to wait for support via e-mail, Thanks. 

Locked Post 19 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 24, 2013 11:00:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Maybe it's Microsoft's way of seeing if you're epileptic

September 25, 2013 3:03:22 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

loosie,

The pics at the bottom...are they mistakes or just dead?  It does seem like there should be more of them from how you worded things.  If so, can you try them again?

September 25, 2013 4:23:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

close topic

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 25, 2013 11:42:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well generally to use WB, you pretty much have to use the other.  

I was referring to the fact that there's only one actual image showing up in your post and yesterday had an extra 2 little broken img icons down below.  The links on the 2 missing ones were dead yesterday and removed now.  When you referred to "1st image, 2nd image, etc." as a developer, I just automatically assume they're actually separate images and not a big image made up of parts.

It was just miscommunication really.  Personally, I'd try another theme as a test case to see what happens as a result; could be that particular theme unless you've already checked.  There's also a setting in the advanced section of the WB configurator that lets you specify speed and I have no idea if it affects this but it lets you change how a couple animations are.  These might not have anything to do with the taskbar though but its just a thought.  This is one of the reasons I've tried to avoid using older themes after running into compatibility problems with the Windows change.  It's usually just changing how things work in the background and requires the theme to be updated to reflect it.

I looked around in SkinStudio and there are settings that I imagine would affect this but I'm not familiar enough yet to be of my help.  

September 25, 2013 1:49:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

close topic

September 25, 2013 2:12:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Loosie...in the Windowblinds configuration panel can you open the about Windowblinds and post that info here. Perhaps also sending to support@stardock.com explaining the issue with a link to this post.

September 25, 2013 2:23:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

close topic

September 27, 2013 3:29:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting loosie,

Quoting mabreedlove, reply 4
Well generally to use WB, you pretty much have to use the other.  

I was referring to the fact that there's only one actual image showing up in your post and yesterday had an extra 2 little broken img icons down below.  The links on the 2 missing ones were dead yesterday and removed now.  When you referred to "1st image, 2nd image, etc." as a developer, I just automatically assume they're actually separate images and not a big image made up of parts.

It was just miscommunication really.  Personally, I'd try another theme as a test case to see what happens as a result; could be that particular theme unless you've already checked.  There's also a setting in the advanced section of the WB configurator that lets you specify speed and I have no idea if it affects this but it lets you change how a couple animations are.  These might not have anything to do with the taskbar though but its just a thought.  This is one of the reasons I've tried to avoid using older themes after running into compatibility problems with the Windows change.  It's usually just changing how things work in the background and requires the theme to be updated to reflect it.

I looked around in SkinStudio and there are settings that I imagine would affect this but I'm not familiar enough yet to be of my help.  

I don't know why you are doing this, you doesn't seem to be familiar with windowblinds feature. you are basically pointing out stuff you can see from the UI, Please stop trolling and mislead the issue here.

Windowblinds 8.1 broke the taskbar notification animation, all the skin that came with the installer was having the same problem. Default Skin do not have that issue because by using default skin it disabled windowblinds.

Then include the fact that you tested other skins and know for sure it was WB that was the cause in the first place.  Nothing you have posted previously could be taken as proof and assuming someone knows that you've tried something just makes an ass of yourself when you insult them over your own mistake.  

To make it even worse, your post originally stated changing from Windows 7 to Windows 8, and that the WindowBlinds version you were using was 8, not 8.1.  You can honestly sit and say someone doesn't understand while not even clearly specifying what you're even talking about?  Most people at least can put the correct Windows and WB version's they run in their post.  At least you finally posted the actual system information.  Regardless, insulting people who are trying to help even with the wrong information given to them just shows your age.  There's plenty of people on here that help out and don't get paid for it; none of them do it out of obligation.

September 30, 2013 3:58:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

close topic

September 30, 2013 6:55:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Lets stick to the OP please.

Loosie...have you sent an email to support?

October 1, 2013 2:18:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

close topic

October 10, 2013 3:52:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ,

I am using precision theme for the above image, I was using precision theme since windows 7.. Just purchase and upgraded to windows 8 yesterday, therefore able to notice something like that which is unusual. the last pic indicate that animation on visual effects was turned on.

So here you say you're running Windows 8 and don't mention the WindowBlinds version at all.

Quoting stardockuser12,

Windows 8.1 Pro (9600.winblue_rtm.130821-1623)
WindowBlinds 8.01 (020 - Windows 8 Edition) - 64 bit OS

Wblind.dll 2013/09/03 21:49:ll
Wblind64.dll 2013/09/03 21:49:43
Wbsrv.dll 2013/06/18 21:44:40
WB8Config.exe 2013/07/18 22:07:29
Wbload.dll 2013/06/17 22:03:35
Screen.exe 2013/06/06 21:52:23

Now suddenly you're on Windows 8.1 despite saying originally Windows 8 and finally mentioned which WindowBlinds version you are running.  As I said before, don't insult people over information that's either outright wrong or simply missing.  Don't expect people to know what you're talking about when you yourself don't and then insult them over bad information.

October 10, 2013 2:26:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

close topic

October 15, 2013 11:41:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting stardockuser12,

mabreedlove,

Do you use windows or windowblinds? this is a bug and required help from dev, please do not troll the post if you can't even tell what is wrong after seeing the first post.

Thanks

Saying you upgraded from Win7 to Win8 and running WindowBlinds 8 and then insulting someone as if they were supposed to read through your bad information. This is trolling.  

What I'm doing is trying to get you to grow up a bit.  Windows 8 is not Windows 8.01 and WindowBlinds 8 is not WindowBlinds 8.01 and instead of just correcting yourself so we were on the same page, you just resulted to childishness.  If you don't think I know what I'm doing then pick any other post I've made and have been programming for Windows for 15 years now.  All it would've taken on your part was an apology or chalking it up to misunderstanding but you've yet to do either despite my originally trying to help you with no reward.  Uvah got a chance to provide constructive criticism because he was actually given the correct information on your system.

October 16, 2013 5:50:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Stick to the OP please. 

Stardockuser12.....please post the support ticket ID # here. I'll bump this thread but keep in mind the Admins are very busy because the new Windows, still in preview, has yet to be released as RTM and programs created for it are still in transition. 

Bump!

October 16, 2013 3:25:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

close topic

October 17, 2013 4:02:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nowhere did I say I worked for Stardock and you clearly don't know development enough to know you can patch applications that you don't have the source code for considering that's my actual career.  Here's your title:

"Window blinds 8 task bar notification bugs"

And here's where you say you're running WindowBlinds 8.1 and not 8.01:

"Windowblinds 8.1 broke the taskbar notification animation, all the skin that came with the installer was having the same problem. Default Skin do not have that issue because by using default skin it disabled windowblinds."

Nowhere does it say WB 8.01.  Not everyone even runs the latest version of every piece of software, either.  I owe you no apology when you drove this thread down the path with your "you don't know anything comment" in the first place.  Only a teenager would refuse to just agree it wasn't correct information and chalk it up to miscommunication instead of blaming the person trying to help for assuming they were given accurate information to begin with.  There's a reason StarDock gives a support tool to record all this information because of times like these; no developer would possibly know what could be wrong when they don't even know the software versions.  Believe it or not, WindowBlinds v8.01 does not mean it is WindowBlinds v8 since the product name is WindowBlinds and v8 and v8.01 are entirely different version numbers just as Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are as well.  Regardless, arguing with you over this any further is about as productive as talking to a brick wall considering some part of your teenage personality refuses to accept that your original details were off when any normal person would've just said "my bad, yes this is the version I actually run" instead of dragging it out and making an issue out of it.
October 19, 2013 8:01:42 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting mabreedlove,
place. Only a teenager would refuse to just agree it wasn't correct information and chalk it up to miscommunication instead of blaming the person trying to help for assuming they were given accurate information to begin with. There's a reason StarDock gives a support tool to record all this information because of times like these; no developer would possibly know what could be wrong when they don't even know the software versions. Believe it or not, WindowBlinds v8.01 does not mean it is WindowBlinds v8 since the product name is WindowBlinds and v8 and v8.01 are entirely different version numbers just as Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 are as well. Regardless, arguing with you over this any further is about as productive as talking to a brick wall considering some part of your teenage personality refuses to accept that your original details were off when any normal person would've just said "my bad, yes this is the version I actually run" instead of dragging it out and making an issue out of it.

you are not helping.. you are just trying to be a nuisance here and I can see you enjoy being one. I have already ask you to leave my thread alone in most of my post. you just keep coming back being a troll here. You are defnietely no help to anything even if you got all the exact information, Please stop being a fking @ss hole. leave the thread alone already, fking get a life u weirdo.

October 21, 2013 12:47:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Closed

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.