Will there be an Object Desktop 2014

By on September 19, 2013 9:01:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Philly0381

Join Date 11/2004
+824

Yes I know that Object Desktop is not in itself a single piece of software but I was just wondering since a thread was started about WinCustomize 2014 that Stardock might be doing the same for it. 

It would be interesting to read what may be in the works as which software will continued to be supported and if any additional 'Toys' will become available for desktop customization.   

20 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 19, 2013 9:24:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

As it's a Subscription I certainly hope so....as I for one am 'paid up' till 2020 ...

September 19, 2013 9:28:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

As it's a Subscription I certainly hope so....as I for one am 'paid up' till 2020 ...

At my age I can't plan that far ahead.

John I would sure think so. Hopefully we will get some of the present software out of beta and move on from there. Also think we may know more after win 8.1 is official and see how things work. I'm sure SD already has 8.1 and is checking things already.

September 19, 2013 10:11:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have win 8.1 RTM from my TechNet account and everything works nicely window blinds fences icon packager curser fx

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 19, 2013 10:37:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Yeah, I'm good till 2016 myself. I hope to continue to get my money's worth.

September 20, 2013 3:42:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm good for a little while i think, at least until sometime next year so.....bring on ODNT 2014! I need mine toys! lol

October 22, 2013 12:57:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Okay, so we have seen a new program, Launch8.  Seems to me someone mentioned there were two that were getting worked on.  Wonder what the other might be?  Any other tweaking of existing programs being done?  

October 22, 2013 5:55:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Philly0381,

Okay, so we have seen a new program, Launch8.  Seems to me someone mentioned there were two that were getting worked on.  Wonder what the other might be?  Any other tweaking of existing programs being done?  

Is there something you would like to see updated?

October 22, 2013 6:52:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Neil Banfield,

Sound Packager, I love my sounds for different events in Windows, however Windows  does not contain any schemes other than the default sounds, and I cannot install sound packager anymore on windows 8.1, Object Desktop Update will not let me anymore.

Love my sound

Brad

October 22, 2013 7:11:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Neil Banfield,

Quoting Philly0381, reply 6

If Theme Manager could possibly get a look at, it's still showing as part of Object Desktop. 

Actually I thought it was going to moved to legacy status. 

December 4, 2013 11:39:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Was just wondering, you know, if there was any progress to report that we could know about.   

December 4, 2013 2:03:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Neil Banfield,

Are You kidding, Neil ? IconPackager for example is still not working 100 % right and I see even more chances to do an extreme update of IP with Windows 8 in mind. Imagine being able to change/customize the tiles with IconPackager !

December 4, 2013 2:44:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting c242,
IconPackager for example is still not working 100 % right
Agreed, IP makes such a jumbled, inconsistent mess of Windows 7 icons both on applying and trying to revert back to default, I gave up using it. I would also like to see new life breathed into DesktopX as opposed to burying it.

December 4, 2013 5:09:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

IP works totally fine for me on win 8.1. But the gui is slightly outdated, compared to newer wb and deskscapes versions (no kinetic scrolling ).

Soundpacker does not run on win 8, at least I'am not able to install it. Even though there are only 2 usable themes (in my humble opinion). I still would like to use it!

Of course a tool to make the tiles background color exactly like it was on win 8, would be really amazing! It is a lot harder to find a specific icon on 8.1. The background happens to have a color which is similar or exactly the same as an icon has or is mostly made of. Who came up with such a stupid idea?

I still consider a "downgrade" to 8.0 cause of that.

December 4, 2013 7:36:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

damn, what did you post!!

December 4, 2013 7:39:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sorry, but I had to delete that whole post.  I have no idea what they tried to put in there.

December 4, 2013 7:39:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Text cleanup in aisle 3!!!!

Well done, ID.

December 4, 2013 7:41:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sorry about that whoops

its called how the heck do you post an image? I seem to have done it once or twice before but can never do it twice in  a row, very maddening.....

Any  helpful posts on here that give tips on how to do this ?

GigaByte69 (Brad)

December 4, 2013 7:44:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting GigaByte69,

its called how the heck do you post an image? I seem to have done it once or twice before but can never do it twice in  arrow, very maddening.....

GigaByte69 (Brad)

Go to a hosting site (Photobucket or ImageShack) and upload you image, get a url and then click on the little tree in the quick reply area.

December 4, 2013 8:30:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

screenshotokay lets try this again, I have no issues with running ,most of the Stardock applications and the images or tiles on my start screen.  All are easy to read and see.

GigaByte69

December 5, 2013 4:47:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Asound,
IP works totally fine for me

Ever tried to change IconPacks and save them or create new ones ?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000703   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.