Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

WB 8.01 Random applications losing titlebar and frame completely (Aero Glass)

By on September 16, 2013 9:28:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

MKANET

Join Date 07/2007
+9

I've been using a WB skin with transparency since WB 6.x.  The last stable version I used was WB 7.4.  However, after I upgraded to WB 8.01 beta, I noticed sometimes apps lose their titlebar and frame completely.  Restarting the app fixes the issue, at least for a while.  I'm not sure if this issue is a known issue; or, maybe, indirectly related to another reported issue or not.  Anyway, I thought I'd at least mention it here.

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 17, 2013 6:30:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This isn't normal, but you have not provided much information here to go on.

We would need the OS, applications in question, skins in question etc.

September 18, 2013 1:30:50 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Neil,

I've experienced this to some degree as well.  It actually prevents me from using one of my favorite themes but I thought I recall seeing a message about a certain style of themes made by older versions of SkinStudio no longer being supported well as of WB 8.  To be honest, I find a large amount of themes to be too fanboyish or too incompatible with good taste to run.  Some people just tie what could be a great theme too much to one color that you have to toss out your wallpapers, icons, etc. just to make your screen not clash.  The theme I finally settled on was BREEZE for 7 where the start menu has small rendering problems where frames are misaligned, etc.  I chalked this up to incompatibility though, especially being on Win8 and assumed I would eventually just need to port it.  Can I assume that's likely the case?

September 21, 2013 7:35:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi Neil, I thanks for looking at this.  It's important to note this issue doesnt exist with any of the WindowBlinds versions between 6.00 - 7.4.  I noticed the problem for the first time after upgrading from version 7.4 to 8.01.

Applications affected:  Randomly, any application that's been in running in memory for extended periods of time  Restarting application fixes issue.

Skins affected:   Some of the "INVI" WB skins posted on deviantART.com.  You can download the below skin (which is the one I've been using):

Download INVI 4Vs Skin

Thanks!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 22, 2013 3:09:34 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hey mkanet,

Do you ever get the really strange problem where your program's icons on your windows sometimes gets mixed up?  Like sometimes I'll have Spotify running along with Chrome or another and one of the programs will randomly start using the other's icon on the window and taskbar.  Seems to happen like yours the longer things run and fixes itself when restarting it, too.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.