Window blinds causing taskbar on second monitor to flash constantly

By on September 15, 2013 8:07:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Kamidan

Join Date 03/2006

Hello,

I've installed the latest version of window blinds on my Windows 8 computer.

However, the taskbar on my second monitor is constantly popping up and then hiding again about one time per second.

It's acting almost like the Windows wants to alert you that there's something going on in one of the programs that you are running. This annoyance only takes place on the taskbar on the second monitor, on my primary monitor it does not do this.

Uninstalling window blinds removes this problem, can you fix this please?

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 16, 2013 9:48:01 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

We've not seen this.  Can you email support@stardock.com so we can see what might be happening?

Please download and run the following utility: http://sd.stardock.com/SDSupportTool.exe

This is a tool that we use to gather relevant log files and basic information about your computer. Once the utility finishes running, please send back the .zip file it creates on the desktop

September 18, 2013 1:17:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Kamidan,

You should say whether or not you have auto-taskbar hiding on or not and what setting you have for "Show taskbar buttons on" in the taskbar properties.  Personally, I'd just set it to the default Windows theme and see if it still does it.  One thing I would wonder is are you using DisplayFusion, UltraMon, or another multi-monitor program?  

DisplayFusion works well enough as long as you don't use their custom taskbar.  It's got a feature on it called "Highlighted Buttons Flash Until Focused" that sounds somewhat like what you're describing and since in all this time of programming it they have barely made it past the feature set of UltraMon which hasn't been worked on in forever, I don't doubt this would break as well.  Their way of adding taskbar icons makes me want to bash my head against the wall.  I finally had to disable their taskbar since it assumes taskbar button heights are a always a certain size instead of just querying them, making it incompatible with WB themes.

Anyway, sorry to go off on a rant.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.