Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

"new" iPhones

By on September 13, 2013 6:29:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Timmaigh

Join Date 05/2009
+39

So, what is your opinion?

Personally, i cant stop laughing at the price of the supposed "cheap" 5C. 600 EUROs is truly price for masses, lol.

I wonder who is going to buy it, if for 700 you can have 5S, which at least looks like its worth that price. Not to mention all those Androids, which are cheaper and have better HW.

I think they are losing their mojo... i actually have iPhone 4S, and i really like it. But i have absolutely no reason to replace it, as they are completely failing to improve on it second year in a row. I mean better HW nor camera is not enough - its novel things like Siri i would like to see. 

anyway, maybe its a good thing. At least i am not compelled to lose money on stuff i dont really need

55 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 13, 2013 6:37:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm good with my 4S   but the wife is due for an upgrade so...

September 13, 2013 7:54:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'll stick with my Lumia 920, and save up for the 1020.

September 13, 2013 8:07:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'll stick with anything not made by Apple.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 13, 2013 8:47:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DPCloud,
I'm good with my 4S but the wife is due for an upgrade so...

So....your phone is OK but you're going to replace your wife?

I think the people who feel a need to replace their phones with each and every release by the manufacturer seriously NEED to re-evaluate their lives.

I have a Galaxy 2 ... and that was my first 'smart phone'.  I imagine I might be ready for a new one by the time Galaxy 10 comes out....but only if there's SIGNIFICANT feature improvement to functionality...

September 13, 2013 9:50:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Huge disappointment.

Since Jobs went on to better things, Apple has lost its core...so to speak.

September 13, 2013 10:17:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm happy with my Lumia 920

September 14, 2013 1:14:55 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Nothing about either phone merits trading in a perfectly good iPhone4 or iPhone5.  Just playing catch-up to Android features available for quite a while now.  Not too keen on iOS7, either, frankly, though we'll probably have to go to it at some point.

September 14, 2013 6:56:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Still using iPhone 3gs.... nothing wrong with it, does what I need it to do, had it from brand new and it was free! There isn't a mark on it, just like new. Why change?

September 14, 2013 10:46:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

They are expensive phones so most of us get them on contract with a 2 year upgrade cycle. In that respect its a reasonable upgrade from a 4S given the larger screen and much more powerful processor. 

Not exciting but reliable with much better power management than an android phones (people forget that).

I understand Siri is considerably improved with IOS7 but I'll reserve judgement on that.

September 15, 2013 1:00:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting LightStar,

I'll stick with anything not made by Apple.

September 15, 2013 7:31:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm happy with my Motorola RAZR HD. Great phone. 

September 16, 2013 7:00:13 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

It looks like the upgrades are mostly cosmetic. Bah, never was a fan of Apple and their Chinese slavery factories with desperate Chinese people leaping to their deaths rather than continue toiling away. I use Galaxy S4.

September 18, 2013 9:29:10 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I've revised my opinion of iOS7 after using it through the day today - it's quite good and I don't miss the skeuomorphism.  And I kind of like the way it pulls colors from your wallpapers.

Not running out & buying a 5s, though.

September 19, 2013 10:14:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Daiwa,

I've revised my opinion of iOS7 after using it through the day today - it's quite good and I don't miss the skeuomorphism.  And I kind of like the way it pulls colors from your wallpapers.

Not running out & buying a 5s, though.

I've been running it on my iPad Mini.  It's takes a bit to get used to, but I'm not going to consider an iPhone again until it gets a bigger screen.

September 19, 2013 3:36:08 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Gonna put it on my wife's iPad Mini later today.

September 19, 2013 10:00:02 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

IMO iOS 7 is kinda ugly... The first time Ive seen Apple mimic Microsoft's style. 

September 20, 2013 4:48:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I learned a trick today, you all may already know it but just in case.

Your apps don't close when you leave the app, you have to double click your home button and swipe each one that appears up to make it close. (iPhones) It speeds your phone up, I had a bunch open and didn't know it.

So I guess the right way to close an app is to double click the home button and swipe up : /

September 20, 2013 5:58:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Saw a commercial on TV today about the new iphone. People lined up down the street and around the corners, camping out hours before the release just so they can get one. You'd think it was a release of a major motion picture or a concert or some such. I got an Obamaphone. It works, does what I need it to do without all the fancy bells and whistles and....I didn't have to break the bank to get it. Besides...if I want unlimited everything the cost is only twenty five bucks. No contracts, no two year plans, no penalties if you opt out of a plan early, none of that stuff. Don't get me wrong, I think its great that this stuff is out there but its just not for me. 

September 20, 2013 8:35:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Meh, apple wants to maintain its Luxury Status... they can keep it IMO, I'm perfectly happy with my "commodity" Samsung .

September 20, 2013 8:50:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think Apple is in the un-enviable position of having gone from 'leader' to 'follower' to Android in one fell swoop.

Can YOU spell 'catchup'? ...

September 20, 2013 8:58:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Jafo,

I think Apple is in the un-enviable position of having gone from 'leader' to 'follower' to Android in one fell swoop.

Can YOU spell 'catchup'? ...

Well for now they still have the Luxury status. Its like saying Mercedes is a follower because Ford has a better market share. There are and for the forseeable future will be people who will go with apple simply because its still considered a luxury item in comparison to other phones on the market. Now if/when many of their core users start treating their phones as a tool rather than a fashion statement or status symbol then Apple will be in trouble.

Its already happening in some European countries.. But whether or not it will ever happen to an extent that will make trouble for apple is questionable. There are still many people who are willing to dish out the extra cash for various luxury items which generally have no better value than their commodity counterparts other than the status that owning that particular brand carries. That's the mentality that Apple is banking on.

September 20, 2013 9:09:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

And like so many other fads it will, in time, wear off.

September 21, 2013 12:18:53 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Generalizations are way overdone. 

September 21, 2013 8:17:08 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Daiwa,
Generalizations are way overdone.

If I've told you once I've told you a million times.....Don't exaggerate! ....

September 21, 2013 10:35:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting heft,

IMO iOS 7 is kinda ugly... The first time Ive seen Apple mimic Microsoft's style. 

Well, they mimic it cause its modern and minimalistic, therefore good. I quite liked the old style as well, bar some details, but new one is IMHO better. Actually it managed to copy modern look of Windows while being not as impersonal. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000953   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.