Does WindowBliinds8 restore full Aero glass capability on Win8.x?

By on September 12, 2013 12:01:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

MKANET

Join Date 07/2007
+9

I've been holding off on upgrading to Windows 8.x until I know for sure I wont lose the Aero Glass/Blur for my titlebar/frames and start menu; since these effects are essential for my WB theme to look great.

I've done multiple google/image searches on Google for WB8 and Win8.1.  From what I can tell, it looks like Stardock developers have only been able to restore basic transparency effect; with no ability to adjust blur (I hope I'm wrong).  If this is true, will blur be supported soon?  I know that there are at least a couple of different developers that already figured out how to do this very nicely; at least on the titlebar and Windowframes.

http://glass8.berlios.de

http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.204

I'm curious if it would be unrealistic for me to expect WB8 to have full support for Windows Aero Glass/Blur on the native Windows 8.1 Start Menu, Titlebars/frames, TaskBar, and system pulldown menus?

If that's not a possibility, maybe it's possible to supplement WindowBlinds8 with the above AeroGlass enhancements.  Hopefully, I'm not the first person who's interested in restoring full Aero Glass effect for their WB8 theme under Win8.x; and, there's good information on how to do this.

Thanks in advance,

MKANET

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 13, 2013 5:07:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It has been considering in the development (of WB 8 ) as MS took the blur effect down on Win 8. 

September 13, 2013 12:52:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks.  Yes, I know MS took blur out.  I didn't find any definitive information from Stardock developers if/when Aero glass would be fully restored or not.  I know it might be difficult to do; but, it's definitely possible (2 working proof of concepts posted above by two separate developers).  Also, I'm curious if anyone actually tried using the fixes above along with their WB8 skin on Win8.x in the meantime.

September 13, 2013 6:52:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've tried them both and they don't work with Windowblinds. Any window not skinned by windowblinds will get the full blur effect, but any windowblinds skinned windows will either be opaque or transparent with no blur.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
September 13, 2013 7:35:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks 1/4 Life.  I appreciate you letting me know.  I guess, we'll wait and see what happens with WB 8.1 beta...

September 14, 2013 12:10:05 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

No problem. It would be an easy fix for Stardock to support this method of adding Aero Glass, since it works the same as Windows 7's glass. They just need to 'apply' glass on the Win8 version.

We'll see what they do I guess.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.