Am I missing something?

As a matter of fact, yes, two desktop backgrounds!

By on September 8, 2013 12:38:18 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

concept1961

Join Date 02/2008

Hi,

I'm an happy user of Fences on a three monitors system.

Until recently everything was very fine with the software but since I upgraded to the latest NVidia video drivers, I have to disable Fences to see the background pictures of my second and third monitor! The background is always available on monitor one, with or without Fences. Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

François

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 8, 2013 12:46:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Until recently everything was very fine with the software but since I upgraded to the latest NVidia video drivers,

If all was 'happy' before...then simply roll back to the earlier nVidia dreivers that were not a problem.

Especially with Graphic Drivers it is NOT always ideal to have the newest and latest.  They typically will fix problems you might not even have, or have noticed...but add new ones you DO notice.

With those drivers the rule is... "If it ain't broke...." ...

October 4, 2013 3:35:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'd like to point out that people who use Windows to play games are quite frequently updating their video card drivers.  In the gaming world the "if it ain't broke" model is replaced by "you get better frames per second by staying on the latest drivers".  Especially true with graphics drivers.  

October 4, 2013 8:22:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Asml8ed,
I'd like to point out that people who use Windows to play games are quite frequently updating their video card drivers.

Yes they do....and more often than not it is a meaningless exercise.  For every speed/function improvement there's the VERY COMMON introduction of bugs adversely affecting other facets and/or other games.

I have lost count of the situations just on these forums where 'roll back to a previous driver' has been the CURE to 'my system keeps crashing/going black/whatever when...."

I will stick by the adage "When it ain't broke." ...

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
October 4, 2013 8:46:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
With those drivers the rule is...

Just a minor exception...older drivers are less secure than updated ones, so one should update software and drivers. If the updated one causes real problems, though...there might be other factors at play that should be investigated.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.