Too many minor issues not being addressed in IconPackager, WindowsBlinds & ObjectDock Plus!!!

I would really like to know when at least one of these issues will be fixed or at least be worked on!

By on September 2, 2013 5:35:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Space_Octopus

Join Date 10/2012

For far too long now, I have had too many issues with three of the most important Stardock programs I have paid for. It seems almost as if they are not fully tested, as they should be.

First, Object Dock completely stops displaying the titles of icons when you hover over them after a while of it running. It happens for no reason & out of nowhere. Reinstalling doesn't fix this.

Second, IconPackager doesn't cover all the folders like it's supposed to. If I open a folder from my library, it shows a bunch of yellow, ugly folders (the biggest reason for me purchasing IconPackager, to get rid of them) where it should show my chosen folders for everywhere, in the same folder where if I accessed it directly from under my user folder, the folders show up with my chosen icons. This happens in a bunch of different places, in different ways. I find this completely unacceptable for the price being charged for IconPackager. It seems not to do half the work it's supposed to, otherwise I love the program. I just don't think it's right to charge so much for a program so uncomplete/seemingly beta.

Finally, I know this one is not Stardocks fault, but with the increasing use of HORRIBLE user interfaces made with something (I don't know what it is, but it's become extremely popular and SUCKS, making it impossible to view the way you want to, and often interacts incorrectly) but there are far, far, FAR too many programs I find myself having to go into WindowsBlinds to exclude from being themed. It's as if barely anything gets to be themed anymore. The recent update with Windows 8 fixed some other themeing issues, but didn't address this problem really. I'm really hoping it's being worked on or that someone takes notice.

All in all I'm pretty disappointed considering the amount I spent. Not to say I don't love the software, and having it, but for the price, I expect it to do what it's supposed to & not to keep dealing with these areas where the program fails where it's supposed to succeed

Pwease fix, Stardock?

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 2, 2013 8:14:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you haven't done so already, please email support@stardock.com and start a trouble ticket. They will work with you resolve your issues with the apps.

As it is a holiday weekend you will need to wait until Tuesday at the earliest to hear back from a support tech. When you receive the auto-generated ticket number please wait for a tech to contact you.

September 2, 2013 5:47:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If you have to exclude something from WindowBlinds please tell us so we can look into it

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.